Blog Comments

Death by adjectives! The "oily jar of pitch" being a particular highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus
    Keep talking straight to people and work hard and you’ll muddle through dude.
    that's the plan dude, but it's never as easy as it looks
    Updated January 13, 2020 at 09:22 AM by Flinn
    Keep talking straight to people and work hard and you’ll muddle through dude.
    No problem, I'm glad you had a great holiday

I'll admit I never thought of it as venting stress, I always envisioned it to be something like a cool adventure, but I guess it would help alleviate stress...if you aren't a first time camper struggling to get everything down

Good luck with the convincing!
    Part 6 - The story so far has been posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft
    A brilliant read, I found it very interesting, thanks for the writeup! I hope to go camping one day (and be decent at it too)
    oh man, sorry for being so long in answering you but I didn't notice the reply in the holidays' mayhem

Camping it's a great to vent out stress, I suggest you to read chapter one of this series if you didn't yet

Personally I enjoy it very much, it's not like it was, say, 15 years ago, when I both have time and money, but it still rocks.. my new goal for the next couple of years is to involve my daughter (she is 5 now) in the camping experience and possibly her mother as well (she never liked wild camping, sadly, but she has been with me for 20 years, so I'm still hoping I can convince her! )

new chapter coming soon!
    A brilliant read, I found it very interesting, thanks for the writeup! I hope to go camping one day (and be decent at it too)
    Quote Originally Posted by makanyane
    Thanks for posting this, the shots showcased are great and make me want to try out the games...
    No problem, it is my pleasure to review these great shots! Thanks for letting me know
    So, I managed to find two pictures that can visually explain what I mean.

First one (tent and kitchen) shows the sleeping tent (the old military model), placed just outside of the coverage of the branches and the kitchen/storage gazebo, which in turn is well below the branches. You can as well see the fire extinguisher.

Second one (washbasin) shows what we did last time (these stuff made of wood doesn't last long in winter and also boars tend to destroy them, so every 2-3 years we need to make a new one). It's easy to assemble it, you need some straight poles, a board and some long nails and that's all. Notice how much water we have stored. If you wonder, that three is an hazelnut (pretty rare in my area!)
    This one is a rather long chapter, but I suggest you to read it since there's a lot about the most important elements of wild camping

Also, have a look at the picture above: that place (Campo Pocchio... Pocchio is the name of a legendary sprite, one day I'll maybe tell you how he ended up mixed in our history.. maybe ) is where we have camped the most during the last 25 years or so and I'd like to show it to you as it really represents the perfect prototype of a mountain/woods camp, because a) it's built on the edge of a moat (you can see the moat's line on the trees, left side of the picture) and b) it's on a relatively small but still perfect open space out of the tick wood. Also, on the right side of the picture you can see the the fireplace and the small oven on its left, as shown on the header picture of Chapter 1.