View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Hell is other people's code

by , April 17, 2015 at 11:56 AM (The Kraken of TWC)
    I have done a lot of work on this site, including both creating custom hacks and installing other peoples custom hacks and tweaking them to suit our needs. I've released some of the custom hacks I've done so that other vbulletin sites can use them. My biggest gripe is other people writing bad code, sometimes just plain terrible almost unusable code and I end up having to fix it to make it work.

I'll be the first to admit that there's no real concrete set of standards that all coders ...
    Tags: vbulletin
    Categories
    Life on TWC , Technology
  2. Update on the IRS situation

This is too long to put in the comments section, so I will post some info and reply to comments as well.

I managed to eliminate $24,800 of that $52,000 number by faxing them a ton of paperwork, after I went and bought a damned FAX machine. They haven't confirmed that yet (they need 30 days....) and then I will get another letter telling me what they think.

They are still probably going to bang me on $6,000 worth of donations that got reclassified from "Personal ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Why I cannot stand the IRS

I do not usually vent about problems like this on TWC, but today I got a letter from the IRS regarding tax year 2013 and how it relates to TWC. They are now claiming I owe them $13,319 in taxes for calendar year 2013 plus a tax underpayment penalty of $2,664 and interest of $472 for a total of $16,466 and gave me two freaking days to respond! Needless to say I am a bit bent over this.

To start off with there are a few things you need to know about how TWC is run for you to understand ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC , Managing TWC
  4. "I demand that you conclude and sign all of the market development department's contracts"

by , April 10, 2015 at 11:27 PM (The Other End of the Quill)
    It's five o clock on a Saturday morning and I'm at university studying, as I have been for the past six hours, along with two other people in a four storey building that can probably fit thousands. Do I have any pressing assignments due in? No. I'm just a night owl with a few week's worth of work to catch up on. It's very tranquil though and I love the feeling of being awake and active when everyone else is asleep.

From my textbook, I just learnt the Chinese for 'market development ...

Updated April 10, 2015 at 11:35 PM by Hitai de Bodemloze

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Students Independent Study; A Bad idea?

Below is an email sent to all teachers with IBDP classes. (please see side bar for additional information.
    [Note: The name of the student was changed]

Dear DP teachers,
    We just had meeting with the parent of Nico DP1 and Effie DP2 separately. For your information only (please don’t share this with others especially the students)

1. BeBop

It was requested on Friday 3rd April 2015 that BeBOP through her father wants a special
    Categories
    Uncategorized