View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Calculated lounging

by , October 16, 2020 at 09:47 PM (Tall an' handsome)

Some years ago I had to travel a lot in the line of duty and often found myself in airport lounges whiling the time away between connecting flights. Being a charming conversationalist I did have my fair share of scintillating discussions with the fairer sex in those lounges and I still remember the following discussion as if it was yesterday:

Woman: Do you drink beer?
    Me: Ye

Woman: How many beers a day?
    Me: Usually about 3.

Woman: ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  2. An elderly road trip

by , October 13, 2020 at 10:41 PM (Tall an' handsome)
    While on a road trip to visit our adorable grand children, my wife and I stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch.

After finishing our meal, we left the restaurant, and resumed our trip.

When leaving, my wife unknowingly left her glasses on the table, and she didn't miss them until we had been driving about forty minutes.

By then, to add to my aggravation, we had to travel quite a distance before we could find a place to turn around, in order ...

Updated October 13, 2020 at 10:55 PM by Gigantus

Categories
    Life on TWC
  3. The Dude's thoughts - Premonitions

Let's make it clear from the beginning, I'm not talking at all about the "Nostradamus kind of" stuff, I mean those kind of premonitions that pretend to tell you the future of a nation or of the whole humankind.. honestly, I consider those to just be BS, that is.. at the least one can say that a lot of faith is needed to believe in that kind of stuff, which is something ...
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  4. The Sad State of Historical Dramas

Whend it comes to this topic it saddens me to see what it has become.
    I can't consider myself a great connoisseur of this subject but i miss the old type of the 90s and early 2000s Asian series.
    I don't believe there is many historical series in the west, mostly we fall in the film category,
    with many amazing ones like Waterloo, Gettysburg, Lawrence of Arabia, Zulu, and others. ...
    Categories
    Entertainment
  5. The Dude's thoughts - Live your life!

It's not about "achievement", it's not about "dreams", it really is about filling your day till it's over and new one will start, about putting one feet in front of the other and keep going.

I'm not the first here that writes about the risks of apathy and procrastination (Commodus, now Imperator Majora, posted about apathy and King Athelstan about procrastination).. I commented on both those blogs, so anyone who read them probably has an hint already of what my ...

Updated December 29, 2020 at 02:51 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests