View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Football Rant - We Are Wubbing Massive

Enuff said. If you want further proof;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

How. I can't believe we're in this position. 25 games done and we're in fourth. Biggest club in London. Above Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal. We are massive. Last year we were fourth from bottom. Now we're fourth from top. That's a decent boost this season, eh?

So, how? In January we sold our other striker, which means we have one fit striker. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Cold Wind

When I was younger, my family lived in a rural part of the midwest. My parents built a cinder block house far removed from the built up metroplex. The structure was two stories with multiple bedrooms and kitchen space. More importantly, as originally built, it had no electric connection or running water. At the time I didnt miss those things, it was all I knew to burn wood for heat and light and hall water up from the creek. We were self sufficient in many ways. We grew are own vegetables, corn, ...

Updated February 25, 2021 at 05:21 PM by Gaius Baltar

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A strictly mathematical viewpoint

by , February 24, 2021 at 10:45 AM (Tall an' handsome)

What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.

How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life anyhow?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

Code:
    If: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 
    Is represented as:
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  4. The House, Part II

With some additional furniture and cables for the computers, the computer room shaped up nicely. I even added a side table and shelf's to store some odds and ends while writing and gazing out the window.

The unit was my old Dell XPS Gen4. A monster of a machine in its time but well past its prime now. Unfortunately, the original hard drive was gone, replaced almost a decade ago so none of the original software was installed. Instead there was a basic Windows XP and some older packages ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The House, Part I

I return often now to "the house". Seemingly abandoned during the midst of the pandemic, it stands half empty and frozen in time. The downstairs shows early signs up patch work and painting, while the upstairs is essentially untouched. Because of the halt in the upgrades I went ahead and took possession of the property and of course the responsibility for the further improvements. After a brief flurry of interest from other family members it quickly dropped off the radar with the other ...

Updated January 29, 2021 at 03:27 PM by Gaius Baltar

Categories
    Uncategorized