View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Microsoft Buys Activision Blizzard

by , January 19, 2022 at 08:33 PM (Tall an' handsome)
    In March last year I brought you Microsoft's purchase of Bethesda, now I am topping it:

Following reports, Microsoft has now officially announced it has acquired Activision Blizzard in a deal valued at nearly $70 billion. This is Microsoft's biggest acquisition in history of any type, and it is the biggest gaming acquisition in history by a huge margin. ...

Updated January 19, 2022 at 08:38 PM by Gigantus

Categories
    Technology
  2. MS to go ahead and purchase Bethesda

The EU regulatory body has given the go ahead to Microsoft to purchase Bethesda, the deal being valued at 7.5billion dollars, making it the biggest deal in the gaming industry.

Bethesda will become #23 of Microsoft's purchase of game developers, joining well known names as Arkane Studios, Machine Games and iD Software.

Related article here.
    Categories
    Technology
  3. Tech News - Intel urges graphic driver update

Intel is warning Windows 10 users that old graphics drivers are riddled with security flaws that need to be updated with new updates that the company has released over the past year.

The full article can be found here. It provides a link to Intel's driver page which in turn has a simple to use application to check the user's set up and provide the required downloads.
    The application opens a browser page with the results and then allows a simple installation once the download ...
    Categories
    Technology
  4. Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70K

Last year when my wife and I went to London, the digital camera I had at the time decided to die on me. It didn't completely die, it just refused to read or write to the SD card which meant I could only take a few pics before moving stuff to my laptop and clearing the internal storage which go to be a pain, and after buying two new cards for it while we were there we actually ended up buying a cheap little throw away camera to use for the rest of that trip. Cell phone cameras are only good for certain ...
  5. Hell is other people's code

by , April 17, 2015 at 11:56 AM (The Kraken of TWC)
    I have done a lot of work on this site, including both creating custom hacks and installing other peoples custom hacks and tweaking them to suit our needs. I've released some of the custom hacks I've done so that other vbulletin sites can use them. My biggest gripe is other people writing bad code, sometimes just plain terrible almost unusable code and I end up having to fix it to make it work.

I'll be the first to admit that there's no real concrete set of standards that all coders ...
    Tags: vbulletin
    Categories
    Life on TWC , Technology