View RSS Feed

The Kraken of TWC

A blog about whatever catches my fancy be it technical, RL or just something I find cool.

1. Squid's Adventures in Home Renovation Part II

Last time I left off at having added shelving to the garage which took the life of my first cordless drill. After that it was time to move on to other things. We had a home inspection done before we moved in so we knew that the attic didn't have as much air flow as it needed. This was not helped by the fact that our house was old enough that the soffits on the house were wood and the previous owners had painted (and hence sealed over) half the openings that had been cut and the other half had tiny ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hell is other people's code

by , April 17, 2015 at 11:56 AM (The Kraken of TWC)
    I have done a lot of work on this site, including both creating custom hacks and installing other peoples custom hacks and tweaking them to suit our needs. I've released some of the custom hacks I've done so that other vbulletin sites can use them. My biggest gripe is other people writing bad code, sometimes just plain terrible almost unusable code and I end up having to fix it to make it work.

I'll be the first to admit that there's no real concrete set of standards that all coders ...
    Tags: vbulletin
    Categories
    Life on TWC , Technology
  3. Squid's Adventures In Home Renovation Part I

by , April 08, 2015 at 04:53 PM (The Kraken of TWC)
    From the title you can probably guess this will turn out to be a multi-part blog as I try to achieve a bit of catharsis through writing about this wonderful amazing eventful, lets stick with that so I can avoid the censor, experience in my life. My wife and I bought a new house last year just before summer, its an older place having been built in the late 50s but the location was perfect. We knew there were a couple of things we wanted to do, the cupboards in the bedrooms looked old and could do ...

Updated April 09, 2015 at 02:18 PM by Squid

Categories
    Life on TWC