View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Just another job

Yesterday I arrived home early from work and decided to do something special for my wife. I washed the dishes, vacuumed the floor and even tidied up the rooms.
    My wife came home from the market, walked through the house and then sat down on the sofa in front of the television.
    "Sweetie," I said, "before you turn on the TV, isn't there something you want to say?"
    "Yes, of course." the love of my life replies, "It's a thankless job, isn't

Updated August 03, 2016 at 12:15 AM by Gigantus

Categories
    Life on TWC
  2. Someone is following me

I have given up social media recently and am trying to make friends outside Facebook while applying the same principles. Every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel, what I did the night before and what I will do tomorrow. Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog and my gardening. I also listen to their conversations and tell them I love them.

And it works!

I already have three people following me - two police officers and
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  3. Assessments, employment, and the like.

So last week I finished the last of my TPA's (teacher performance assessments). I had four of these evil, evil "necessities" scattered throughout my credential program, but due to some circumstances I had to do all four in this semester. Since January, I have written ~52,000 words for these things, and for all of them you have to pass or you have to pay about 200 bucks to take them again and it can seriously hamper your ability to get a credential in a timely manner...well, I passed all ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Of Souls - Behind the Scenes: In the beginning...

Welcome back to my 'Of Souls - Behind the Scenes' blog, where I plan to dig deeper into the individual chapters of my creative writing serial 'Of Souls' and look at the writing and world-building that went into each chapter, as well as offering some of my own thoughts on the posted work. I have already failed miserably at my assertion to update this blog every couple of days or so, but as I was sitting round twiddling my thumbs during what can only be described as an uneventful ...
    Categories
    Creative Writing
  5. Kuningan Indonesia Year 11 Trip

This year I had the pleasure of chaperone the Year 11 (In the British system year 12) on their trip to a small village in the mountains in the Northeast part of Java Island.
    The fact I was a former Peace Corps Volunteer helped with being selected for the honor. The trip is also the most service oriented trip of the three, which I am much more keen to be part of.

Both the students and teachers are hosted by local families. Since this is a village, many of the homes do not have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized