View RSS Feed

Life on TWC

1. Flight of fancy

by , November 30, 2016 at 08:17 AM (Tall an' handsome)

One day the splendid fruit of my loins decided to bereave me of my inalienable right to spoil my grandchildren and moved his family far away ‘for business purposes’. I give you an idea how far away: there they eat raw fish with sticks. I mean, what’s wrong with fish & chips? Really?

But I digress. To deflect my righteous anger (magnificent off spring or not) I get appeased with an offering of tickets for bi-annual travels to brighten my grandchildren’s life. On one of these
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  2. My Resume

by , October 29, 2016 at 11:14 PM (Tall an' handsome)

For a while now members have been asking me what I have been doing in real life and after some careful consideration I have decided to shine a light on that illustrious and elusive part of mine.

The long job road
    My first job was working in an Orange Juice factory, but I got canned. I couldn't concentrate. Then I worked in the woods as a Lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe. After that, I tried to be a Tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  3. Winter is coming

by , September 19, 2016 at 07:06 AM (Tall an' handsome)
    I am not sure if being the hottest year on record had anything to do with the harsh winter that preceded it, but it surely was memorable as a friend of mine told me later:

On a bitterly cold winter's morning him and his wife were listening to the radio during breakfast.

They heard the announcer say, “We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even-numbered side of the street, so the snowplows can get through.”

So the
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  4. Just another job

Yesterday I arrived home early from work and decided to do something special for my wife. I washed the dishes, vacuumed the floor and even tidied up the rooms.
    My wife came home from the market, walked through the house and then sat down on the sofa in front of the television.
    "Sweetie," I said, "before you turn on the TV, isn't there something you want to say?"
    "Yes, of course." the love of my life replies, "It's a thankless job, isn't

Updated August 03, 2016 at 12:15 AM by Gigantus

Categories
    Life on TWC
  5. Someone is following me

I have given up social media recently and am trying to make friends outside Facebook while applying the same principles. Every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel, what I did the night before and what I will do tomorrow. Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog and my gardening. I also listen to their conversations and tell them I love them.

And it works!

I already have three people following me - two police officers and
    Categories
    Life on TWC
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast