View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Students Independent Study; A Bad idea?

Below is an email sent to all teachers with IBDP classes. (please see side bar for additional information.
    [Note: The name of the student was changed]

Dear DP teachers,
    We just had meeting with the parent of Nico DP1 and Effie DP2 separately. For your information only (please don’t share this with others especially the students)

1. BeBop

It was requested on Friday 3rd April 2015 that BeBOP through her father wants a special
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Wooden Pens Part 2

A few years ago when I was planning my first trip to NYC for a Creative Assembly event, I got together with Garbarsardar who owned the site at the time and we decided to do something nice for Simetrical for all the work he has done on the site. I mentioned that I made pens like the one above, so we started looking at different kits to make one for Sim when I ran across this one at Rockler. This is cheating a bit since the parts are already laser cut but you can really screw it up if you catch your ...
    Categories
    Woodworking
  3. Wooden Pens Part 1

One of the things I like to do that I haven't really talked about much on TWC is work with wood. I have a small woodshop at my house (upgrading that this summer and will post pics of the progress) and I have made all kinds of stuff. Things like shelves and small pieces of furniture and once even a custom deck for someone's boat. But what I really like to do is make small things that do not take a lot of time, and then give them away. I have a couple of brain teaser/puzzle designs I created, and ...
    Categories
    Woodworking
  4. Hands on Integration

The other week I went to a Inter-Religion Integration Seminar.

The Bishop came, laid his hands on my hand and said, “By the will of Jesus Christ, you will walk today!”

I smiled and told him I was not paralyzed.

The Rabbi came, laid his hands on my hand and said, “By the will of God Almighty, you will walk today!

I was less amused when I told him there was nothing wrong with me.

The Mullah came, took my hands and said, “Insha Allah, ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  5. Squid's Adventures In Home Renovation Part I

by , April 08, 2015 at 04:53 PM (The Kraken of TWC)
    From the title you can probably guess this will turn out to be a multi-part blog as I try to achieve a bit of catharsis through writing about this wonderful amazing eventful, lets stick with that so I can avoid the censor, experience in my life. My wife and I bought a new house last year just before summer, its an older place having been built in the late 50s but the location was perfect. We knew there were a couple of things we wanted to do, the cupboards in the bedrooms looked old and could do ...

Updated April 09, 2015 at 02:18 PM by Squid

Categories
    Life on TWC