View RSS Feed

Hobbies & Interests

1. Forum based games on TWC? An Introduction...

Yeah, I am sure you're probably confused by the above title, so a little explanation is due. I mean this would not be a place where you'd expect something like this to be. But surprisingly, there is a forum based role-playing games section right here, on TWC. But what is this forum-based or play-by-post role-playing?

It is similar to playing a video game of the role-playing or adventure genre, but on a forum. And yes, I assure you that it is a fairly known genre in itself. As ...

Updated January 16, 2016 at 01:38 AM by m_1512

Categories
    Life on TWC , Hobbies & Interests , Entertainment , Creative Writing
  2. The Tale of the Week Blog - TotW 239

Ah, the epic competition that is the Tale of the Week. It is a competition where all writers gather to test their skills against one another. And as a series, I'll be bringing you the winning entries for each and every Tale of the Week storyboard.

The first one to start off with is #239 - In Search of a Worthy Foe! And what a competition it was. The first vote went ...

Updated July 06, 2015 at 03:52 AM by Finlander

Categories
    Creative Writing , Hobbies & Interests
  3. My Crossfit Journey 6-28-15

So today I started on the long and painful journey that is crossfit, I had dabbled in it before but mostly stuck to bodybuilding/powerlifting because I wanted to gain size but now I have decided that I want to become a better athlete for various activities I participate in (to be touched upon in the future) and I believe I have started my journey on the wrong foot :laughter:. Yesterday I did a typical powerlifting day, 5x5 Squat, Bench and Deadlift, going fairly heavy, needless to say today I as ...
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  4. Building a guitar.

by , May 20, 2015 at 01:18 PM (Building a guitar. Pt 2..)
    Not from scratch but by sourcing the parts and putting them together.

However, that is only part of the story. The intent is buy cheap parts (where possible) and age them so they look like a 1962 Fender Stratocaster. The process is known as 'relicing.' Relicing isn't just making something look old, it's has to look used. There's a lot of opinions on whether most reliced guitars are over done and look unrealistic. In that sense I have an advantage being the owner of a late 80's strat ...

Updated June 12, 2015 at 09:39 AM by Halie Satanus

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  5. Reenacting

I've always wanted to do reenacting, and I never really knew what period I wanted to do. American Revolution? American Civil War? The list is endless, and I never thought I'd narrow it down. That is until a few years ago when I really started getting into WWI, and I decided then I wanted to do WWI Reenacting. I've watched countless videos on YouTube of various events - especially the one down in Newville Pennsylvania that happens every Spring and Fall, they have a Trench network set up there. ...

Updated May 17, 2015 at 06:27 PM by IlluminatiRex

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Entertainment