View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. The Dudes thoughts: when you are not deciding for "just yourself" anymore

Having to take responsibilities for yourself is quite a common thing, isn't it? I mean, basically is the fundamental step between childhood and adulthood.. while we could discuss how much that seems not to be the case today, as a lot of people seem to have issues to take responsibility even for themselves, life usually goes way past that, and puts you in the condition to having to decide (and take the responsibilities of the consequences of those choices) for others too...

That can ...

Updated February 25, 2022 at 07:06 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  2. Someone is following me

I have given up social media recently and am trying to make friends outside Facebook while applying the same principles. Every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel, what I did the night before and what I will do tomorrow. Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog and my gardening. I also listen to their conversations and tell them I love them.

And it works!

I already have three people following me - two police officers and
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  3. vBulletin Frustrations

I swear every time we upgrade something on the site vBulletin ends up irritating the crap out of me. I really do like vBulletin as an overall package, they lots of things right. But then you run across something that makes you wonder "Just what were they thinking?" As you know we just installed the vBulletin CMS package for the site and I have been trying to get all this setup so we can make it live on the front end. For years TWC has used a custom script that simply pulled posts from ...
  4. IlluminatiRex's College Adventures - Freshman Year

So, my Freshman year of College has finally ended. What a ride that was, and I really can't wait for what's in store for my next semester. Some background on me - I'm an Anthropology major who hopes to eventually go into Archeology. Especially Battlefield Archeology of the first world war. Oh, and I changed the names of my friends for this.

It started back in August, well, even a bit earlier than that - June of 2014. June was Freshman Orientation. It was a hot day, and luckily my campus ...

Updated May 10, 2015 at 09:43 PM by IlluminatiRex

Tags: college, life
    Categories
    Entertainment , Creative Writing
  5. Adventures in Home Buying

For numerous reasons my wife and I have decided to buy a new house. Home prices in the Denver metro area are pretty ridiculous with the average price being in the neighborhood of $390,000. Ouch!

For that you can get a nice sized house that's fairly well appointed, but that has a yard you can spit across, and when you stand between your house and the neighbors you can touch them both. We currently live in an older part of the city (house built in 1949), and my yard is two or three ...

Updated October 29, 2015 at 01:12 AM by GrnEyedDvl

Categories
    Around the House