View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Easter's Rising

A busy week is heading towards its end. And what a week it was. In the Den [Administrative notification: due to an imminent break of SND only none-staff can read from here. To make sure this will never get out, this message is now magically encrypted in a way that while none-staff members can read the plain text, all staff members can read is a copy&paste from Cicero's de finibus malorum et bonorum.] all hell broke loose when Garb announced that he will prepare a special Good Friday dinner for ...

Updated April 02, 2015 at 05:05 PM by Aikanár

Categories
    Life on TWC
  2. Wooden Pens Part 2

A few years ago when I was planning my first trip to NYC for a Creative Assembly event, I got together with Garbarsardar who owned the site at the time and we decided to do something nice for Simetrical for all the work he has done on the site. I mentioned that I made pens like the one above, so we started looking at different kits to make one for Sim when I ran across this one at Rockler. This is cheating a bit since the parts are already laser cut but you can really screw it up if you catch your ...
    Categories
    Woodworking
  3. Beer contains female Hormones

Last month, National University of Lesotho scientists released the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer.

Men should take a concerned look at their beer consumption.

The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain phytoestrogens) and that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women.

To test the theory, 100 men drank 8 pints of beer each within a 1 hour period.

It was then observed

Updated May 09, 2015 at 07:05 AM by Gigantus (fixed link)

Categories
    Life on TWC
  4. Perks of passing 50

by , October 02, 2015 at 11:44 PM (Tall an' handsome)
    It's been a while since I passed the magic five-zero and in looking back I could not help but list the advantages that have opened up to folks like me:

• In a hostage situation, you are likely to be released first.
    • Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
    • No one expects you to run - anywhere.
    • People call at 9 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
    • People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
    • There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
    • Things
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  5. A New Beginning

PT I

As a new member, back in ancient times (2006), I was overwhelmed with the amount of material that could be found at TWC. Mods, graphics, forums for art, music, history. This place seemed more like a library than a BBS (forum) as we referred to them back then. I was here for the modifications so I spent most of my time in the Total War (TW) areas. It wasn't until later on that I began to spend more time in the Common Community (CC) sections.

My activity was fairly ...

Updated March 31, 2020 at 06:38 PM by Gaius Baltar

Tags: blog, historical, twc
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast