View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The fine art of Wild Camping - abiding in the middle of nowhere

Above: the fireplace and the oven (left) that we built some years ago in the place we usually camp at

A due introduction: this is not about survivalism, but about how to make yourself comfortable and fully enjoy wild camping. It's gonna be a sort of guide, where I'll share with you my 25 years old experience in this, in the hope that this will stimulate you to try it and of course enjoy it.

What is wild camping, then? ...
  2. Part IV: Jetsetter [Africa] [THEN AND NOW SERIES}

Part IV: Jetsetter [Africa]
    THEN AND NOW SERIES

I had two advantures on the continent of Africa.
    In 2000 I was a Peace Corps Volunteer
    In 2006- 2008 I was a teacher at the international school.
    Both were in Beautiful Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)

In 2000, I joined the Peace Corps. We met in Philadelphia for initial training and a chance to get to know everyone. We were there for about three days. We then took a bus to New York and flew out on Air ...

Updated May 07, 2015 at 10:45 AM by PikeStance

Categories
    Travel
  3. Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70K

Last year when my wife and I went to London, the digital camera I had at the time decided to die on me. It didn't completely die, it just refused to read or write to the SD card which meant I could only take a few pics before moving stuff to my laptop and clearing the internal storage which go to be a pain, and after buying two new cards for it while we were there we actually ended up buying a cheap little throw away camera to use for the rest of that trip. Cell phone cameras are only good for certain ...