View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. MAARC LXI Winners!!!

by , November 29, 2015 at 12:51 AM (The Official (and Unofficial) Writer's Study Blog)
    Congratulations to the winners!

MAARC LXI was a bloodbath, a competition for only the most brave. With the most submissions recorded in living memory (read: how long I can remember because I can’t be bothered going through the archives) it was a fierce competition to say the least. But while 9 went in, inevitably only 3 could come out and so, here

Updated November 29, 2015 at 12:54 AM by Merchant of Venice

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. MCWC XII Winners!

by , November 21, 2015 at 06:04 AM (The Official (and Unofficial) Writer's Study Blog)
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5378/mcwc.png

MCWC XII!
    Congratulations to the winners!
    After a couple of months languishing with not enough submissions to trigger a vote, MCWC XII finally got to a vote two weeks ago and at last I am here to present the winners.

Napoleon is fighting wars on all sides as a coalition of enemies tries to prevent French hegemony over Europe. In the heart of France, Paris, a young man, once the heir of

Updated November 21, 2015 at 06:13 AM by Merchant of Venice

Categories
    Creative Writing , Life on TWC
  3. Another life update

It's been a few months.

Life sucks, pretty badly.

In the midst of family tragedy as well as constantly feeling down, I'm in the middle of the most complicated semester of my life. For whatever reason, the credential program has been more difficult than I imagined. I'm not sure if it is the fact that the work is more constant or its just my low motivation, but I'm having incredible difficulty in working through this semester. I'm weeks behind, in both work and mentally, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Competition and Commentary

by , November 06, 2015 at 05:56 PM (The Official (and Unofficial) Writer's Study Blog)
    How are you doing TWC?

Just a few small competition stuff today.

MAARC LXI and MCWC XII are currently in the voting phase. While MCWC XII still has 7 days left for you to vote, there are only 3 more days left on one of the biggest MAARCs we have ever had, with an astounding 10 submissions to vote for. VOTE NOW!

Meanwhile, MAARC LXII and MCWC XIII have just been opened for submissions from the month of November. If, in the month of November, you have written ...
  5. The 'green thing'

by , November 01, 2015 at 10:57 PM (Tall an' handsome)
    Yesterday after shopping in our local supermarket, the young cashier suggested to me that I should bring my own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment.
    I apologised to the young girl & then sighed, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."
    The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. You folk didn't do enough to save our environment for future generations."
    I couldn’t help to agree with her: "Ahh
    Categories
    Life on TWC