View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Lost Interviews - The Eagle Standard - Mod Focus, Numenor: Total War

In October of 2006 I was a pen for the Eagle Standard and was prepping several interviews from the mod community. One in particular was Numenor: Total War. This was a creation by WImPyTjeH based on some material from JR Tolkiens books. I had submitted this copy to the Eagle Standard for review when the events now known as "Black Friday" occurred. This was one of the staff revolts that eventually ended when board ownership changed hands to Imb39.

However, during this troubled ...

Updated November 15, 2021 at 09:18 AM by Gaius Baltar

Categories
    TW Mod Reviews , Creative Writing
  2. Normal or nuts?

by , October 23, 2021 at 01:11 AM (Tall an' handsome)

For some peculiar reason I do get angry when waiting for an elevator and someone presses the button that I have already pressed.

“What, I didn’t press the button right?”
    “Seriously, do you think pressing it again is going to make the elevator come faster?”
    “Pressing the button – what a splendid idea! Why didn’t I think of that?

And then afterward I wonder if that wasn’t a wee bit overboard, eg nutty. Reason why I am sharing this is because ...

Updated October 25, 2021 at 12:25 AM by Gigantus

Categories
    Life on TWC
  3. The Dude goes into politics - the hardest job in the world...

Now, if by any chance you have missed the previous chapters, there's a summary here at chapter 10.

However, this new chapter is more of the sort of personal thoughts rather than an account of what's going on and I'd like to start from this comment I made back at chapter 9:

I was one of those who were fiercely criticizing those who gave up or who did not wanted to try, today I can tell you I understand them very well. Barring the personal experience, there's nothing
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  4. Reading Goal Surpassed Again and other things.

Since my last update I have once again passed my reading goal. I am now hovering at 72 books. The return to school has been drain on my time and energy so unfortunately a lot of them are shorter than normal, but I feel that given the time constraints it is a reasonable thing to continue counting.

Books Read

The North Water
    The Black Ice
    The Lost Hero
    Call of the Wild
    SW Death Troopers
    SW Out of the Shadows (60)
    The Golden Compass
    War of the Worlds
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. EA Is Giving Away Its Accessibility-Related Patents

Original article here.

EA is giving away accessibility-related patents used in some of its biggest games, including Apex Legends' popular Ping system, in the hope that they will be used and expanded upon by other developers to help make video games more inclusive.
    There are currently five patents covered under EA's "Patent Pledge," which involves EA making pledged patents available for public use alongside a legally binding promise to not file a lawsuit against ...
    Categories
    Entertainment