View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Terrae Expungnandae 5.0 rediscovered

A few months ago, while browsing an old file archive, I came across a folder labeled, "TWC". Knowing that could only mean forum material I opened it up. I was mildly surprised to discover that it contained files from my beta-testing days back in 2006. The biggest prize, however, was a zip file with the Terrae Expungnandae 5.0 installer. Two versions in fact. I waxed nostalgic as I recalled a different time and place, spending many hours beta-testing the TE mod.

After some ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Why Google still sucks!

I am most likely going to violate my own Terms of Service here, and I really do not care. Moderators, leave this post alone!

In 2013 TWC was banned from Google Adsense for three policy violations. That's right, three. On a site that at the time had more than 2 million posts and 60k members. And just what were these flagrant violations?

1. A picture posted in a mod forum of a woman in lingerie in 2005 with the title "Obligatory babe shot" before the information ...

Updated June 29, 2021 at 04:17 PM by GrnEyedDvl

Categories
    Managing TWC
  3. I finished correction work with "Revenge of Tyrants". Story is ready completely.

Hello TWCenter!
    I must say, i have finished correction work with "Revenge of Tyrants", my big sci-fi/fantasy work.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...rants-Darkness
    i am talking about this story.

For now my main task - to publish full translation of it here, in TWC. Its not too hard work, because i know english well. I
    Categories
    Creative Writing
  4. Good morning/death

Good morning.

Last night I dreamed that my mother was very sick, suffering a lot, between tears asking me to let her die.

My mother died a few months ago from complications of an incurable cancer after months of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. She, admitted to the hospital, suffering a lot and aware that she was going to die, asked us to let her die. The penultimate night some asked her to fight more and she continued to suffer. We agreed that on her last night they ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Loving my Dog and loosing Weight

Yesterday I was at my local Woolworth store buying a large bag of “My Dog” dog food for my loyal pet and was in the checkout queue when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had an elephant? So, since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Dog Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn’t, because I ended up in hospital last time, but I'd lost 10 kilograms before I woke up in intensive care with ...

Updated May 09, 2015 at 07:04 AM by Gigantus

Categories
    Life on TWC