View RSS Feed

Hobbies & Interests

1. The Dude goes into politics!

First things first, this is not a blog about politics or even about the life of a "politician" (I'll talk about being a public admin, though), but rather a blog about how people behave when they interact with public administrators and how their stance changes as soon as they know that you are going to "go into politics". I'm not going to talk about ideologies, alliances or whatnot, I was ...

Updated October 22, 2019 at 07:53 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  2. On deaf people.

On deaf people,

So I know this title is somewhat controversial perhaps. I mean what could could come from an opinion peace titled "on deaf people"? I don't blame you. I assure you though that it won't be bad, or at least it wont be for me. So my woman's father and brother are both deaf. Both from birth although her father now uses a Cochlear Implant. So you might imagine that after a year and spending some decent amount of time together with her family I've learned a thing ...

Updated June 17, 2019 at 03:53 PM by General Brewster

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  3. Anarchy in the workplace

So yesterday i was told to come in nearly before my shift started for my yearly performance review, to sign some paperwork for a promotion and to discuss some future changes happening to the store.
    Normally this is done by the Area Manager, but as the new Area Manager was my former employer who i left with bad terms, they sent the regional manager down instead.
    All is rather mundane and just basic company procedures, until he went on to customer complaints and "incidents". ...
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  4. The Educational Opportunities of Total War

I always tought that total war could be an amazing tool in schools for children to learn about history; but only a few examples in the modding community can actually achieve that; but still they are to heavy on lore for many people to get interested in learning. I think that total war greatest strenght can be it's simplicity; so i always desired to help or create a modding series focused exclusively for teaching people in what could be school enviroments.

Obviosly i think such mods ...

Updated May 04, 2017 at 06:07 AM by The Wise Coffin

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  5. IT'S HOPLITE, NOT PHALANX!!!

I have a strong pation for history; making it the reason that i like so much Total War. Of course that Total War is mainly about the conflicts, but those are the most interesting parts whend it come to portray a story. I like to see documentaries and i respect alot the people behind making them; but there is a issue that i find weird; not only from documentaries, but from what it seems everybody. WHY DO PEOPLE CALL THE HOPLITE FIGHTING STYLE THE PHALANX FORMATION!!! :angry:

From games ...

Updated October 06, 2016 at 07:23 AM by The Wise Coffin

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests