View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Anarchy in the workplace

So yesterday i was told to come in nearly before my shift started for my yearly performance review, to sign some paperwork for a promotion and to discuss some future changes happening to the store.
    Normally this is done by the Area Manager, but as the new Area Manager was my former employer who i left with bad terms, they sent the regional manager down instead.
    All is rather mundane and just basic company procedures, until he went on to customer complaints and "incidents". ...
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  2. The Rant - Procrastination

So. I have heaps of things to do. An exam on Friday I've barely studied for, things I should write elsewhere, things I should do elsewhere. So what do I do instead? I'm writing a blog. Why? I don't know, but I have a theory.

I am a master when it comes to procrastination. I can wait and wait for hours with doing something, and then finish it right before the deadline. I don't think I've delivered an assignment more than an hour before the deadline in years now. While it seems pretentious, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Shopping with my beloved Wife

After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out.
    Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - loves to browse and leaves me with endless time to fulfil.
    Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter, from the local Wal-Mart:

Dear Mrs. Harris,

Over the past six months your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store.

Updated May 12, 2017 at 11:27 PM by Gigantus

Categories
    Life on TWC
  4. Squid's Adventures In Home Renovation Part I

by , April 08, 2015 at 04:53 PM (The Kraken of TWC)
    From the title you can probably guess this will turn out to be a multi-part blog as I try to achieve a bit of catharsis through writing about this wonderful amazing eventful, lets stick with that so I can avoid the censor, experience in my life. My wife and I bought a new house last year just before summer, its an older place having been built in the late 50s but the location was perfect. We knew there were a couple of things we wanted to do, the cupboards in the bedrooms looked old and could do ...

Updated April 09, 2015 at 02:18 PM by Squid

Categories
    Life on TWC
  5. Whispers in the Kitchen

by , January 11, 2019 at 09:48 PM (Tall an' handsome)
    The other day I made myself a coffee (my beloved was at her mother's letting me fend for myself) when on the way back to my kitchen stool I passed the refrigerator and I swear I could hear the beers whisper: "WTF?"

Updated January 11, 2019 at 09:57 PM by Gigantus

Categories
    Around the House