View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Then the Birds Began to Die

An article by Elizabeth Bruenig, staff writer at the Atlantic

After the end of the world, there will be birdsong. I used to imagine this when everything was going awry. I would lie in bed in my college dorm room and listen to the lone mockingbird who sang all night outside my window in the spring months. I was worried about something or other; he was getting on with things. It’s what birds do. They have a knack for it. In the Book of Genesis, after the devastation of the Earth ...
    Categories
    Around the House
  2. Elfurr Hegemony questions in my universe. Why i created the superior race in galaxy.

Elfurr Hegemony questions in my universe.
    Why i created the superior race in galaxy.

All information about my Universe development you can find in the Creative Writing section in this forum.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...eative-Writing - here you can find all articles about history and development process.

I started to work ...
    Categories
    Creative Writing
  3. Why Google still sucks!

I am most likely going to violate my own Terms of Service here, and I really do not care. Moderators, leave this post alone!

In 2013 TWC was banned from Google Adsense for three policy violations. That's right, three. On a site that at the time had more than 2 million posts and 60k members. And just what were these flagrant violations?

1. A picture posted in a mod forum of a woman in lingerie in 2005 with the title "Obligatory babe shot" before the information ...

Updated June 29, 2021 at 04:17 PM by GrnEyedDvl

Categories
    Managing TWC
  4. Reading Again (Continued) And other things

Been a few months and as I predicted in my last blog I did indeed slow down on my book reading. Unfortunately the return to work just killed my energy every week.

However I have made more progress; eleven more books down since the end of March and tons more still to read.

Books Read

Emperor: The Gates of Rome
    The Nine (Wolf of Corwick Book 1)
    Pacific Vortex!
    Mediterranean Caper
    Iceberg!
    Raise the Titanic!
    The Terror
    Star Wars: Outbound

Updated June 18, 2021 at 11:44 AM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Running

As a young lad, I would often run to the top of the small hill to the east of my family's house, with a model of the Apollo spacecraft in hand, pretending I was transiting to the moon , and then returning to earth by splashing down in the creek just to our west. I was exuberant and full of energy in my youth, a typical toxic american male, and would often take off across the pasture or down to the creeks in bare-feet, running thorough the trees and across the gravel without a care in the world. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized