View RSS Feed

TheDarkKnight

1. Goals met, goals surpassed.

Four and a half months ahead of schedule, I have finished reading my 52 book goal...Really 54 because I had the time today.

Sort of. Three of the books are repeats, but they were 2-3 years ago and I read them (and appreciate them) much more a second time around. So I guess technically I still have more work to do.

Since my last blog:

Books

The Wolf On The Run
    The Wolf At War
    Childhood’s End
    SW HR Rising Storm
    SW HR A Test of Courage

Updated August 15, 2021 at 11:36 PM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Reading Again (Continued) And other things

Been a few months and as I predicted in my last blog I did indeed slow down on my book reading. Unfortunately the return to work just killed my energy every week.

However I have made more progress; eleven more books down since the end of March and tons more still to read.

Books Read

Emperor: The Gates of Rome
    The Nine (Wolf of Corwick Book 1)
    Pacific Vortex!
    Mediterranean Caper
    Iceberg!
    Raise the Titanic!
    The Terror
    Star Wars: Outbound

Updated June 18, 2021 at 11:44 AM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Reading Again

Last year when the whole lockdown and...other interesting activities in the United States started happening, I started collecting books to read. Nothing excessive*, just a handful** of books to pass the time while I waited for things to become normal***.

Of course the reality was I ended up only reading a few books, two when I was bored and the internet was slow and three when I was forced into further quarantine when the girlfriend started showing signs of potential COVID (we were ...

Updated March 22, 2021 at 07:34 AM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Entertainment
  4. My "Retirement"

Enough people have asked so....Let's try to keep this as un-dramatic as possible.

To make a long story really short...Recent developments in my life has made it really difficult to continue being a staffer. I was recently hired in a teaching job (hooray!) but coming into it halfway in the year has given me a great deal of anxiety, which has led to some health issues popping up. I was already suffering some issues in the month prior to being hired (and I "felt" they were coming ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A Year In Review

Man what a year.

Since the last time I have written a blog my life has changed a lot. The biggest change was being told I was not being invited back to teach at the school that hired me a year ago. While I never found out the reason, I suspect they just did not feel I could improve enough to justify another year. I disagree immensely, as by the end I felt I really had a good handle on the classes that actually tried and just had a couple of problems. But I do, truly, believe that there ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast