View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Reading Goal Surpassed Again and other things.

Since my last update I have once again passed my reading goal. I am now hovering at 72 books. The return to school has been drain on my time and energy so unfortunately a lot of them are shorter than normal, but I feel that given the time constraints it is a reasonable thing to continue counting.

Books Read

The North Water
    The Black Ice
    The Lost Hero
    Call of the Wild
    SW Death Troopers
    SW Out of the Shadows (60)
    The Golden Compass
    War of the Worlds
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Goals met, goals surpassed.

Four and a half months ahead of schedule, I have finished reading my 52 book goal...Really 54 because I had the time today.

Sort of. Three of the books are repeats, but they were 2-3 years ago and I read them (and appreciate them) much more a second time around. So I guess technically I still have more work to do.

Since my last blog:

Books

The Wolf On The Run
    The Wolf At War
    Childhood’s End
    SW HR Rising Storm
    SW HR A Test of Courage

Updated August 15, 2021 at 11:36 PM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Reading Again (Continued) And other things

Been a few months and as I predicted in my last blog I did indeed slow down on my book reading. Unfortunately the return to work just killed my energy every week.

However I have made more progress; eleven more books down since the end of March and tons more still to read.

Books Read

Emperor: The Gates of Rome
    The Nine (Wolf of Corwick Book 1)
    Pacific Vortex!
    Mediterranean Caper
    Iceberg!
    Raise the Titanic!
    The Terror
    Star Wars: Outbound

Updated June 18, 2021 at 11:44 AM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My "Retirement"

Enough people have asked so....Let's try to keep this as un-dramatic as possible.

To make a long story really short...Recent developments in my life has made it really difficult to continue being a staffer. I was recently hired in a teaching job (hooray!) but coming into it halfway in the year has given me a great deal of anxiety, which has led to some health issues popping up. I was already suffering some issues in the month prior to being hired (and I "felt" they were coming ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Half a year down, half to go...

Back in August I began my career as a teacher. First year teacher at a rough school with brand new admins...what could go wrong?

So far my main issue is most certainly classroom management. While I have managed to bring most of the classes to acceptable (but needs improvement) levels, there are still two classes who are my greatest challenges. One of them involves students that don't like to do work so will do everything in their power to avoid it, while the other simply outright refuses ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast