View RSS Feed

Woodworking

1. Wooden Pens Part 2

A few years ago when I was planning my first trip to NYC for a Creative Assembly event, I got together with Garbarsardar who owned the site at the time and we decided to do something nice for Simetrical for all the work he has done on the site. I mentioned that I made pens like the one above, so we started looking at different kits to make one for Sim when I ran across this one at Rockler. This is cheating a bit since the parts are already laser cut but you can really screw it up if you catch your ...
    Categories
    Woodworking
  2. Wooden Pens Part 1

One of the things I like to do that I haven't really talked about much on TWC is work with wood. I have a small woodshop at my house (upgrading that this summer and will post pics of the progress) and I have made all kinds of stuff. Things like shelves and small pieces of furniture and once even a custom deck for someone's boat. But what I really like to do is make small things that do not take a lot of time, and then give them away. I have a couple of brain teaser/puzzle designs I created, and ...
    Categories
    Woodworking