View RSS Feed

Managing TWC

Just a test description

1. Why Google still sucks!

I am most likely going to violate my own Terms of Service here, and I really do not care. Moderators, leave this post alone!

In 2013 TWC was banned from Google Adsense for three policy violations. That's right, three. On a site that at the time had more than 2 million posts and 60k members. And just what were these flagrant violations?

1. A picture posted in a mod forum of a woman in lingerie in 2005 with the title "Obligatory babe shot" before the information ...

Updated June 29, 2021 at 04:17 PM by GrnEyedDvl

Categories
    Managing TWC
  2. Why I cannot stand the IRS

I do not usually vent about problems like this on TWC, but today I got a letter from the IRS regarding tax year 2013 and how it relates to TWC. They are now claiming I owe them $13,319 in taxes for calendar year 2013 plus a tax underpayment penalty of $2,664 and interest of $472 for a total of $16,466 and gave me two freaking days to respond! Needless to say I am a bit bent over this.

To start off with there are a few things you need to know about how TWC is run for you to understand ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC , Managing TWC
  3. vBulletin Frustrations

I swear every time we upgrade something on the site vBulletin ends up irritating the crap out of me. I really do like vBulletin as an overall package, they lots of things right. But then you run across something that makes you wonder "Just what were they thinking?" As you know we just installed the vBulletin CMS package for the site and I have been trying to get all this setup so we can make it live on the front end. For years TWC has used a custom script that simply pulled posts from ...
  4. First blog on TWC

This morning I upgraded our vBulletin installation with the CMS and Blog features. Over the next few hours I will be setting up permissions so that everyone can read the Articles and Blogs. Creating Articles and Blogs will be limited to staff members for the next few days as we get the infrastructure laid out. Comments on how the layout looks on this are more than welcome. In fact the more input I get as we set this up the better. I will be posting more as we go.

Just a quick shot ...

Updated March 29, 2015 at 02:18 PM by GrnEyedDvl

Categories
    Managing TWC