View RSS Feed

Flinn

1. The Blogging Hub - Everything you need to know about Blogs at TWC!

Welcome to the TWC Blogging Hub! Here you can find all the basic info about Blogging at TWC, as well as links to more detailed threads, the Wiki page and the single pages of our bloggers.

Let's start from the beginning then, there are two places where you can blog at TWC: one is this very area you are lurking right now, which is called the CMS (Content Management System), that also ...

Updated December 12, 2022 at 08:03 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Life on TWC , Entertainment , Creative Writing
  2. The Dude's thoughts - Life at the time of Covid-19

When I wrote the last chapter of this blog series, I had in mind that fear could be an important element to deal with, due to the upcoming issues with the Covid-19 pandemic...

You should know by now that I'm not the kind of dude that it's easily scared, and that my view on the greater picture of life and the Universe as a whole makes me someone who's, let's say, never surprised or easily caught off-guard, so I was expecting the lock down to happen anytime soon, but a lot of people ...
  3. The Dude's thoughts - The power of fear...

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."

― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
    Once again I'm quoting Marcus Aurelius, who truly was an ante litteram Dudeist.

However.. fear is a powerful tool, meant by the nature to prevent us doing stupid things and to encourage our self-preservation... but since it's powerful it's ...
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  4. The Dude's thoughts - The pursue of happiness...

“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.”

― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
    Generally speaking I'm a happy dude.. in the past I had long moments of depression, due to RL hitting me hard and a bit of being totally unprepared to deal with bad events (I had a terrible year for instance, during which I was totally scared by death, to the point that I could barely sleep), but today I'm definitely someone who can withstand much of usual life's crap ...

Updated May 08, 2020 at 09:41 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  5. The fine art of Wild Camping - how to make yourself fully comfortable!

A 180° panoramic pic of "my" mountains

And here we are again, time to see how to really enjoy wild camping.

In the previous chapter we have seen how to properly set up a camp, now we'll see how to make yourself comfortable and how to add various elements that will make your stay something to remember.

Let's start from recalling what are the basics of every camp: fire, sleeping tent, kitchen/storage ...

Updated April 27, 2023 at 06:14 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Entertainment , Travel