Blog Comments

  1. Flinn's Avatar
  2. Flinn's Avatar
    Updated December 28, 2021 at 06:20 AM by Flinn
  3. Flinn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan
    I hope you're not talking about TWC here (Kidding, it's good stuff)
    However, I mean race as in "the whole human race"
  4. King Athelstan's Avatar
    and what are we doing here if not working towards make our race better?
    I hope you're not talking about TWC here (Kidding, it's good stuff)
  5. Flinn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan
    Aye, good thoughts here, if only the dude was as clever as the daughter

    When it comes to freedom and choice, it's a tricky thing. While everyone as you say in principle has a freedom of choice, now matter how dire the consequences may be and may result in death, the choice will be theirs, and thus free. Though of course, most people won't make that choice because of peoples innate will to not die, which I and most people do feel. So is it really a choice if it goes against the fundamental nature of your existence?
    oh well I suppose that even the "fundamental nature of existence" is a questionable point.. think of those crazy kamikazes, or of people that sacrifice themselves to save others.. while there's never something in life which is valid for all the possible different situations, I'm still convinced that choosing or not is a matter of .. choosing or not.. Too often I've seen people that renounces to live for te fear of having to choose, to change their status.. immobility is death by definition, while evolution needs movement and change, and what are we doing here if not working towards make our race better?
  6. King Athelstan's Avatar
    Aye, good thoughts here, if only the dude was as clever as the daughter

    When it comes to freedom and choice, it's a tricky thing. While everyone as you say in principle has a freedom of choice, now matter how dire the consequences may be and may result in death, the choice will be theirs, and thus free. Though of course, most people won't make that choice because of peoples innate will to not die, which I and most people do feel. So is it really a choice if it goes against the fundamental nature of your existence?
  7. Flinn's Avatar
    quite a lot of people have been envying me during the quarantine

    I'm having great times recently in the vineyard, yesterday for instance I spent 4 hours working on it and my little daughter (she is 5 and a half) has been helping me all the time (ok helping is not really the correct term, since she was playing all the time, let's say she kept me company )
  8. makanyane's Avatar
    the trees are healthy, the grapes are abundant and growing, the weather forecasts are good enough
    This sounds like as much as anyone can hope for at the moment, I'm envying you your place in the country with the opportunity to nurture a harvest! Looking forward to the pic's when you post them.
  9. Flinn's Avatar
  10. Flinn's Avatar
  11. Flinn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan
    Haha, if things go even worse (Wine prices here will go up by 2,4% because of currency issues) you'll at least have enough to go by, and a good basis for a revert to a natural economy
    I'll be like

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 




    Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV
    Hindsight, when wrong, one must cope with it by just shifting up the tale a bit... it's much more convenient to forget your disdain and pin someone's foresight on luck than it is to admit they had a point.
    so true, though I hold no grudge to them.. it just makes me laugh
    Updated April 29, 2020 at 09:43 AM by Flinn
  12. King Athelstan's Avatar
    Haha, if things go even worse (Wine prices here will go up by 2,4% because of currency issues) you'll at least have enough to go by, and a good basis for a revert to a natural economy
  13. Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar
    Hindsight, when wrong, one must cope with it by just shifting up the tale a bit... it's much more convenient to forget your disdain and pin someone's foresight on luck than it is to admit they had a point.
  14. Turkafinwë's Avatar
    I fully agree KA. It's the act to try and overcome your fear that is brave, whether you overcome it or not is inconsequential to the act itself and therefore inconsequential to being brave. Even when you fail to overcome that which you fear, defying that which you fear is the act of bravery. Some might say it is even braver to continuously fight against a fear, without any hope of overcoming it.
  15. King Athelstan's Avatar
    Indeed, it's part of what makes life so wonderful, though sometimes fears can't be overcome and be brave throughout, one just have to accept it. Which in itself is a form of bravery per say
  16. Flinn's Avatar
    @ Turka

    yes it's a sort of loop actually, you are right It's a never ending fight actually, fear has many faces
  17. Turkafinwë's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn
    There's even a better way of saying this.. if you want to be a freeman, you need to have defeated you fears, so.. only brave people are really free
    Yet without fear you cannot be brave. The overcoming of fear is the very definition of bravery, once fear is conquered you don't need to be brave anymore. The biggest cowards have the greatest potential to acts of bravery.

    A wonderful summary on fear Flinn.
    It's a prison at whose bars I have been bashing for my entire life (still very short but it doesn't feel like that tbh) now. It's a fight that never stops, or so it seems. We still persist though.
  18. Flinn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV
    I'm honestly inspired to make a succeeding blog on apathy to this line of thought.
    apathy?
  19. Flinn's Avatar
    Also, courage is the strongest of all the virtues, remember this... as trite as it is, this is a great truth: only brave people are really free.
    There's even a better way of saying this.. if you want to be a freeman, you need to have defeated you fears, so.. only brave people are really free
    Updated March 13, 2020 at 05:27 AM by Flinn
  20. Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar
    I'm honestly inspired to make a succeeding blog on apathy to this line of thought.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast