View RSS Feed

Flinn

1. The Dude Goes into politics - Not all that glitters is gold...

Last chapter can be found here.

Time for an update I guess. We are halfway our mandate (2,5 years) and despite the Corona, I think we are doing great... sort of. To begin with, I did say "despite the Corona", but maybe this is a bit premature: as a matter of facts, contagion is spreading again quite fast, so in few days that will be back to impact our work again .. that can't be helped anyways, so let's just not take that into account right now.

Backing to ...

Updated December 30, 2021 at 02:36 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  2. The Dude goes into politics - the hardest job in the world...

Now, if by any chance you have missed the previous chapters, there's a summary here at chapter 10.

However, this new chapter is more of the sort of personal thoughts rather than an account of what's going on and I'd like to start from this comment I made back at chapter 9:

I was one of those who were fiercely criticizing those who gave up or who did not wanted to try, today I can tell you I understand them very well. Barring the personal experience, there's nothing
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  3. The Dude goes into politics! - The mythical Conflict of Interest...

First things first, today I'm celebrating my 10th blog post on this series! It's now well more than a year and a half that I started it, so time to make a summary of all the chapters, just in case someone really wants to know the full story

The Dude goes into politics! Past Chapters

Updated March 10, 2021 at 10:13 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  4. The Dude goes into politics! - The lessons I learnt

Well well well.. it's been over a couple of years that I started this adventure (since the first time I spoke with the people I'm now together it was December 2018) and I've been trough many things already: the election campaign, the elections themselves, the first period of enthusiasm, the first and the second wave of covid and the misleading period of truce in between, and many other small facts or events of which, at the least in part, I already told about.

So how am I faring? ...

Updated January 19, 2021 at 03:55 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  5. The Dude's thoughts - The hard job of being a father

Most of you know by now that I have a daughter.. I have to be honest, though every parent considers their kids as special, I've been lucky with her: she got her mother's body, my character, but, most important, my father's intelligence (he was something in between an highly respected doctor and a scientist, with over 100 scientific publications).
    However, having a very smart kid both has positive and negative perks, of course. From one side she is very quick to ...
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests