View RSS Feed

Entertainment

1. The life of a winemaker - let's do the magic!

If you wonder, yes, that's my hand. I always loved the texture and the smell of fresh marc, especially that from red grapes.

The life of a winemaker - part 4

The time of making wine has come... the cellar is where you do the magic and turn a silly fruit into a mystic liquid that can enliven your day, or your life

Let's start from a point: my method of making wine it's really mine, in the sense ...
  2. The life of a winemaker - it's harvest time!

Above: a row of "new" (6 years old) trees of Montepulciano, just before the grapes' harvest.

The life of a winemaker - Part 3

Before showing you some pictures and giving you some figures about this year's harvest, I need to tell you another part of the story. Basically, during the last 7 years, I worked on rebuilding and renewing completely my vineyards, in the sense that I've been replacing step by steps ...

Updated October 10, 2019 at 08:23 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Entertainment
  3. The life of a winemaker - the Bio approach

The life of a winemaker - Part 2

Let's start from a basic concept: what does Bio means? In theory, everything that is grown up in a 100% natural way, is biologic. Unfortunately, nowadays it's impossible to have a 100% bio product, even if it's home made. First, land is polluted in any case, it's not nearly as bio as it was 50 years ago, this because even if my own land has no poisons ...

Updated October 10, 2019 at 06:07 AM by Flinn

Categories
  4. The life of a winemaker - the Dude abides in the fields...

The life of a winemaker - Part 1

Ok so now that you know how it all started, you might be asking yourself.. "Why are you still doing that, dude?".. the reason is simple, because it helps me to abide, a lot.

I don't know how many of you are used to live in and from the fields, I guess not much in our modern times, ...
  5. The life of a winemaker - the vineyard really ties my life together!

I'm quite sure that by now many of you already know about my second life as a winemaker, in particular those who have followed my struggles in the PH&A know well about it, but no one really has the full picture and how much this activity gives value to my life, so I said to myself "Why not making a blog out of it?"--"Because people does not care about your silly hobbies, dude!"--"I ...

Updated September 10, 2019 at 05:34 AM by Flinn

Categories
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123