View RSS Feed

Hobbies & Interests

1. The Dude goes into politics! - The mythical Conflict of Interest...

First things first, today I'm celebrating my 10th blog post on this series! It's now well more than a year and a half that I started it, so time to make a summary of all the chapters, just in case someone really wants to know the full story

The Dude goes into politics! Past Chapters

Updated March 10, 2021 at 10:13 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  2. The Dude goes into politics! - The lessons I learnt

Well well well.. it's been over a couple of years that I started this adventure (since the first time I spoke with the people I'm now together it was December 2018) and I've been trough many things already: the election campaign, the elections themselves, the first period of enthusiasm, the first and the second wave of covid and the misleading period of truce in between, and many other small facts or events of which, at the least in part, I already told about.

So how am I faring? ...

Updated January 19, 2021 at 03:55 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  3. The Dude's thoughts - The hard job of being a father

Most of you know by now that I have a daughter.. I have to be honest, though every parent considers their kids as special, I've been lucky with her: she got her mother's body, my character, but, most important, my father's intelligence (he was something in between an highly respected doctor and a scientist, with over 100 scientific publications).
    However, having a very smart kid both has positive and negative perks, of course. From one side she is very quick to ...
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  4. The life of a winemaker - there we go again!

A triple grape, quite rare but a sign of abundance at harvest

It's been six months since my last post on this series, but that's quite normal when it comes to wine-making, since things usually take months to develop. Last time I posted it was about the bad outcome of the last year's red wine.. actually not much happened of very interesting, for the most it's a boring and tiring job along the many months is takes between the first works ...
  5. The Dude's Kitchen - A nightmare made of Pizza!

Previous chapter here!

Now you will pardon me, but I'm Italian and when it comes to Pizza I become "uppish" .. I mean, if we are talking about porridge or bouillabaisse I'll be sitting in one corner and listen, but since Pizza is the most Italian of all foods (even more than Pasta) I can't just ...

Updated October 28, 2020 at 09:40 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Around the House , Entertainment