Blog Comments

I'd argue one more point on consequence; one can easily consider the job easy (from politics to, I argue, retail) if they detach themselves, while the true hardship comes in caring especially when those around you don't.
    That's precisely my point

However, thanks for reading and commenting, as usual you have nailed it down pretty well.
    A lot of the essence of politics is people sharing a vague ideal of goodness but radical differences on how to achieve it, and worse, fundamental inconsistencies in what they consider the path of goodness to be. When people operate on different facts, civility crumbles.

And that is before the very real fact when people are just plain greedy and take their actions for personal benefit; invariably as one gets deeper, personal benefit means sustaining the system that becomes the career of a person. As people become accustomed to the 'job' of politics, they take stakes in it the way any normal person would for their position in a workplace, and yet the stakes in this 'job' is the well being of local civilization. But people can do all sorts of things with various effects on those they affect and sleep well at night, as long as they are detached from the consequences.

This heart of politics is applicable at every level of interaction, from job politics to online communities to of course the infamous governmental positions. Same seeds, different reach.

I'd argue one more point on consequence; one can easily consider the job easy (from politics to, I argue, retail) if they detach themselves, while the true hardship comes in caring especially when those around you don't. Or as I opened up, both parties care, but for clashing reasons...
    Updated October 27, 2021 at 01:42 PM by Dismounted Feudal Knight
    Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis
    I am glad to have stumbled upon this post. As a total wine connoisseur (TWC), I enjoy stories by people who actually produce the ambrosia that makes this dreary life more tolerable.
    you should really read the whole blog then
    I am glad to have stumbled upon this post. As a total wine connoisseur (TWC), I enjoy stories by people who actually produce the ambrosia that makes this dreary life more tolerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narf
    Looks tasty!
    We are not good at many things, we Italians, but cooking is definitely one of those things
    Looks tasty!
    I don't think that's just limited to the muncipalities in your country I'm afraid. Nepotism, corruption, sweeping favours and personal relations play a part a bit too world-wide for my liking
    As I like to say: it's not the government of the better ones, but of the wise guys..
    At times not even in disguise. And aye, any public postion is very taxic, whether it is in politics, groups or certain internet foras - people will always ask things of you, try to exploit you for their benefit and one cannot always deliver. Nor is it always deserved, as you say. It's a wolf's den, where those too timid perish and the aggressive flourish
    I know from where you are coming from bro

Well to be honest with you, I believe that's how humanity is really meant to be.. we are sitting today on a society that does not foster the idea of procreation, but of consumerism, while, as matter of fact we are supposed to have kids in our earlier life.. what I mean is that kids having kids isn't necessarily bad or laughable, and that assuming that this is so, it's mostly a fault of the distorted view we have because of the priorities set by the modern times civilization.
    Updated January 25, 2021 at 03:27 AM by Flinn
    Yeah sure kids are great and all that but to be fair, most of the people who literally need to grow fast and become mature are kids. And kids with kids would just sound like a sitcom. , there's an idea - kids having to take care of slightly younger kids - reality tv? Gameshow? Documentary? Pitch this now!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan
    Remind me never to send you a picture of the abominations we make, call pizza, love and enjoy
    lol I don't blame you tough, it's just that you are barbarians, you know?
    Remind me never to send you a picture of the abominations we make, call pizza, love and enjoy
    New chapter is up

- there we go again!
    Yup I do actually have a small smoker made of cast iron, though I honestly don't use it much (chicken, pork ribs, beef brisket) .. beef brisket is just awesome, but it takes something like 20 hours to properly smoke it so it's a sort of "once per year" stuff

You should try to cook on a wood oven anyways, food comes out with a fantastic taste usually, especially in the kind of oven where you have the fire and the food in the same chamber (because of the taste and smell smoke will give to the food).
    Yeah the cast iron thing would make a good 'smoker' depending on quite how smokey and covered in ash you like things, but other than that nooooo

I did for a while own a 1700's house that had a bread oven a bit like https://i.postimg.cc/x19jfm5S/fire.jpg but never tried cooking in it.
    completely rubbish to actually try to cook anything in
    it's cast iron... the only real oven is the one made with refractory bricks, you can cook everything in there; in my oven we had "Porchetta" (not the full pork because it's too big, just the belly), real unsalted bread, plenty of baked pasta, one lamb every once in a while ... and I think in total I roasted like 22 or 23 tons of potatoes in it

Spoiler for a pic of it

it's integrated on a wall on my warehouse, covered by a wooden roof; it's pretty much professional, made by a very good friend of mine who's a mason with 25 years of experience, it costed me like 1600 € ... and keep in mind he's a good friend, eh

Those movable ovens/grills are nice pieces of furniture and little more I believe
    Updated September 23, 2021 at 05:26 AM by Flinn
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast