View RSS Feed

Hobbies & Interests

1. The Dude's thoughts: it still pains ...

Sometimes it is very hard to abide ... you live, laugh and love, but the scars are alwasy there and the pain takes a lot to fade away.

You people probably remember I posted this a few months ago., and in particular my last reply to comments:

Quote Originally Posted by me
    It will be long before we could heal from this, but thanks for your kind words anyways
    No words have been more prophetic than those.. it is really taking time to heal from that, and the worst part is that this is ...

Updated May 05, 2022 at 07:04 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  2. The Dudes thoughts: when you are not deciding for "just yourself" anymore

Having to take responsibilities for yourself is quite a common thing, isn't it? I mean, basically is the fundamental step between childhood and adulthood.. while we could discuss how much that seems not to be the case today, as a lot of people seem to have issues to take responsibility even for themselves, life usually goes way past that, and puts you in the condition to having to decide (and take the responsibilities of the consequences of those choices) for others too...

That can ...

Updated February 25, 2022 at 07:06 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  3. The Dude Goes into politics: the Good, the Bad and the Worst.

Previous chapter

Now, the title should have been the Good ones, the Bad ones and the Worst ones, but then it would have lost that reference that I so much hold dear, so ..

However, I'm aware of the fact that the argument I'm going to write now is controversial, or at the least very subjective: we all know that quite often it is a matter of perspective if you end being the good rather the bad one (or vice versa) in a story.

That being said, as individuals, ...
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  4. The Dude Goes into politics - Not all that glitters is gold...

Last chapter can be found here.

Time for an update I guess. We are halfway our mandate (2,5 years) and despite the Corona, I think we are doing great... sort of. To begin with, I did say "despite the Corona", but maybe this is a bit premature: as a matter of facts, contagion is spreading again quite fast, so in few days that will be back to impact our work again .. that can't be helped anyways, so let's just not take that into account right now.

Backing to ...

Updated December 30, 2021 at 02:36 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  5. The Dude goes into politics - the hardest job in the world...

Now, if by any chance you have missed the previous chapters, there's a summary here at chapter 10.

However, this new chapter is more of the sort of personal thoughts rather than an account of what's going on and I'd like to start from this comment I made back at chapter 9:

I was one of those who were fiercely criticizing those who gave up or who did not wanted to try, today I can tell you I understand them very well. Barring the personal experience, there's nothing
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests