View RSS Feed

Flinn

1. The Dude's thoughts: nemo propheta in patria

Not an easy topic to approach, honestly. I know I will sound arrogant, but life taught me that is better to say what you think you have to say and move on, than to just shut up in fear of hurting someone's feelings... but only when you know that the receiving side would be receptive and available to rethink their positions or believes, something which happens very rarely (that's why I don't debate in general) or when your duty calls you to it ... that's why its is very difficult to be a "prophet ...

Updated June 24, 2022 at 06:11 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  2. The Dude's thoughts: it still pains ...

Sometimes it is very hard to abide ... you live, laugh and love, but the scars are alwasy there and the pain takes a lot to fade away.

You people probably remember I posted this a few months ago., and in particular my last reply to comments:

Quote Originally Posted by me
    It will be long before we could heal from this, but thanks for your kind words anyways
    No words have been more prophetic than those.. it is really taking time to heal from that, and the worst part is that this is ...

Updated May 05, 2022 at 07:04 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  3. The Dudes thoughts: when you are not deciding for "just yourself" anymore

Having to take responsibilities for yourself is quite a common thing, isn't it? I mean, basically is the fundamental step between childhood and adulthood.. while we could discuss how much that seems not to be the case today, as a lot of people seem to have issues to take responsibility even for themselves, life usually goes way past that, and puts you in the condition to having to decide (and take the responsibilities of the consequences of those choices) for others too...

That can ...

Updated February 25, 2022 at 07:06 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  4. The Dude Goes into politics: the Good, the Bad and the Worst.

Previous chapter

Now, the title should have been the Good ones, the Bad ones and the Worst ones, but then it would have lost that reference that I so much hold dear, so ..

However, I'm aware of the fact that the argument I'm going to write now is controversial, or at the least very subjective: we all know that quite often it is a matter of perspective if you end being the good rather the bad one (or vice versa) in a story.

That being said, as individuals, ...
    Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  5. The Dude's thoughts: when you lose someone you love...

It has been a while since I posted this blog, and today life got to remind me again how true that is...

I've posted about my losses extensively in the PH&A, and I'm past them (for as much as one can say to be so, of course), but there are some that are very hard to deal with.. last time I had to deal with a similar rush of emotions I was still a teenager and I had lost one of my closest cousins to Leukemia, it was terrible to say the least (he was 17, and full of hopes) and it ...

Updated January 07, 2022 at 08:31 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Uncategorized