View RSS Feed

Flinn

1. The fine art of Wild Camping - a long awaited day.

Three years and a half, that's how long I had to wait before posting again in this blog. Three years and a half without doing some real Wild camping (occasionally just a couple of picnics, so to say). Last time I did some real camping was in 2019, then Covid hit in and during 2020-2021 it was nearly impossible to organize a camping.. so I waited patiently, skipped 2022 window and waited for 2023's one. The main reason is that I wanted my ...

Updated September 11, 2023 at 08:57 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  2. The life of a winemaker: the patience of a Saint

Look, if I wasn't so well educated, I would be swearing by now.. wait, I'M NOT well educated, so .. *runs to a window, a stream of foul words can be heard, dispersing in the thin air*..

As you can imagine, I don't have good news. I spare you the pictures because I'd rather blind myself than conserve any memory of this year. Basically, it's not even July, and I'm already sure I'm not going to make my own wine, because 80% of the possible production is gone.

But let me ...

Updated June 28, 2023 at 09:30 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Around the House , Hobbies & Interests
  3. The Dude's thoughts: "you have to be strong!"

Spoiler for warning, very long image!

People that know me well, even here at TWC, know that I'm a strong character, in the most positive (I hope) sense of the term; I've been helping people in the Personal Help and Advice section of TWC for years, and I know that many of them have benefited from our interactions, while I also know that some others haven't. Why so? I mean, of course each single case is different, but I noticed that even with cases which one can call very similar, ...

Updated June 16, 2023 at 10:12 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  4. The Dude's thoughts: it still pains, part 2

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/entr...it-still-pains

It's almost one year since he died, and I can't still get past this ... I'm not really used to such emotions, if anything I'm the kind of man that others would address as an example of being a strong character, but this time I simply can't come to terms with the feelings I'm having. I dunno, my strength comes from the fact that I can accept life for what it is, I've lost much along the way so far, ...

Updated December 28, 2022 at 08:01 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The life of a winemaker: it keeps going

Last chapter here.

It's been 2 years since the last post, and with a good reason: there aren't many news in the life of a winemaker, and the working years repeat themselves over and over. It is certainly entertaining and satisfying for me to grow my grapes and taste the new wine every year (not to mention drinking it all the year long ), but I guess it to not to be very interesting for those who cannot even get a sip of that ...
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast