Blog Comments

As a matter of fact, only those who normally do a full chemical, industrial and aggressive treatment of vineyard or olive trees have been able to save the day, even if not entirely.. and that's a kind of thing I won't do in any case, so maybe all in all this year's production was doomed in any case, for me atl, no matter what.
    I spoke today with a man that is usually giving a lot of bad and aggressive chemicals to his grapes, and he still had a lot of issues with his trees, for now he's down to about 50% of the production, but he thinks it will worsen. So, after all, I think I could not have done much in any case... a slim consolation.
    Love you too
    Updated June 05, 2023 at 03:25 AM by Flinn
    helping others is what being strong is
    Love you Flinn!
    Updated June 03, 2023 at 01:54 PM by Narf
    Just to update you.. yesterday we had the memorial.. it was a nice day, I could see his mom (she's almost 80 now) to be happy of the fondness and love people showed to her in memory of her son. We literally had people coming from all over Italy and a few even from abroad, there were about 400 people to watch the match (which is quite something in our small municipality), the atmosphere was friendly and we had a nice buffet at the end.

I'm making peace with life, that
    sorry for the double edit and the somewhat contorted line of thoughts.. I'm still coping with what I've realized today, but now I see it better.. I definitely need to talk again with his brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë
    Other than ego it is also about self-worth I believe. Is debating with someone who is so entrenched in their beliefs and thought patterns worth your time? It is as you say, do you feel confident enough to know you have the right of it when nobody else acknowledges it or do you feel the need to hear from others that you are right? Often BEING right is less important than hearing from others that you are right regardless of whether you truly are right or wrong.

One thing is certain I don't think either of us will die an ordinary man!
    Indeed.

Also, honestly I don't plan to die at all
    Other than ego it is also about self-worth I believe. Is debating with someone who is so entrenched in their beliefs and thought patterns worth your time? It is as you say, do you feel confident enough to know you have the right of it when nobody else acknowledges it or do you feel the need to hear from others that you are right? Often BEING right is less important than hearing from others that you are right regardless of whether you truly are right or wrong.

One thing is certain I don't think either of us will die an ordinary man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Narf
    As he said! You a good one! Also, maybe just say **** it call his wife, invite her and kid over right now, set up a nice afternoon, talk about him, EVEN WITH THE KID. Is a kid, not stupid. Its ok if it's tough, so tell some of the funny moments, and quirks he had. Hed be glad to be spoken of by those that held him dear I'm sure. Let conversation pass to other things naturally.

Just spitballing, I'm no expert on any of this. Sorry for your loss. Be well, take care. <3
    It's not easy at all to deal with his wife, honestly. Things are becoming ugly right now in terms of their internal relations (with his mother and brother) and I fear that it won't end well at all.. but that's their business after all, so I can't really comment on that.

I still miss him, anyways
    As he said! You a good one! Also, maybe just say **** it call his wife, invite her and kid over right now, set up a nice afternoon, talk about him, EVEN WITH THE KID. Is a kid, not stupid. Its ok if it's tough, so tell some of the funny moments, and quirks he had. Hed be glad to be spoken of by those that held him dear I'm sure. Let conversation pass to other things naturally.

Just spitballing, I'm no expert on any of this. Sorry for your loss. Be well, take care. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔
    Once more, I'm really sorry for you loss, my dude! I was also emerging from a world of at the time and I wasn't there for you, so I feel so bad about it.
    Well, no one can take your cousin's memories from you, they will always be yours and he will always be a special person in your heart! Time will make it just a bit easier, but from personal experience I can tell you that you'll always feel his absence and you know why? Because you're a good person!
    The memento is also really touching and it's full of true feelings and memories! I'm sure his loved ones and friends really appreciated your gesture!

I'm more than sure that you'll honor his memory and the best advice I could give you is this: Live your life to the fullest, live your life for you and for him as well!
    Once more, I'm really sorry for you loss, my dude! I was also emerging from a world of :wub: at the time and I wasn't there for you, so I feel so bad about it.
    Well, no one can take your cousin's memories from you, they will always be yours and he will always be a special person in your heart! Time will make it just a bit easier, but from personal experience I can tell you that you'll always feel his absence and you know why? Because you're a good person!
    The memento is also really touching and it's full of true feelings and memories! I'm sure his loved ones and friends really appreciated your gesture!

I'm more than sure that you'll honor his memory and the best advice I could give you is this: Live your life to the fullest, live your life for you and for him as well!
    Life is like a wild river raft ride. You can fight against the current and drown or go with the flow and steer the current where you can and see where you end up. Sometimes you'll get wet and cling on for dear life and sometimes you'll find that perfect line. Life's not a 100% success story, fialure and disappointment is part of the course. Chances won and most lost. Best we can do is enjoy the ride while it lasts!

As my favourite character from the Wheel of Time, Mat Cauthon, would say: It's time to toss the dice!
    Alea Iacta Est..

There's one big lesson in general, that everybody needs to learn: the only certain thing in life, is death.. the rest is just chances.
    Updated March 01, 2022 at 04:10 AM by Flinn
    Life is like a wild river raft ride. You can fight against the current and drown or go with the flow and steer the current where you can and see where you end up. Sometimes you'll get wet and cling on for dear life and sometimes you'll find that perfect line. Life's not a 100% success story, fialure and disappointment is part of the course. Chances won and most lost. Best we can do is enjoy the ride while it lasts!

As my favourite character from the Wheel of Time, Mat Cauthon, would say: It's time to toss the dice!
    It will be long before we could heal from this, but thanks for your kind words anyways
    Life's harshness in full display. Losing someone, even when you know it's coming, is always tough. Nothing truly prepares you when the moment arrives. (I had this with the mother of my best friend when she died of cancer a couple of years ago, she was like a mother to me too). May Maurizio rest in peace now and your wounds start to heal mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight
    Surely the art of 'programming' is native to politics. It's just that the programming does not inherently carry a goal of efficiency or progress at a universal or compromising scale.

As you say, there is always motive, and failure by political incompetence itself has strong motives.
    So true. I wish it was different, honestly.
    Surely the art of 'programming' is native to politics. It's just that the programming does not inherently carry a goal of efficiency or progress at a universal or compromising scale.

As you say, there is always motive, and failure by political incompetence itself has strong motives.
    I also absolutely detest working reactively. I'd rather spend a couple of days programming to automate a task than always having to start from zero, even for the smallest of tasks. It's more work in the short term but once you have those templates ready, oh baby, is the work gonna go smooth.

Hopefully you'll get something done with those generous funds. It'll be gone before you know it.
    yes programming, in general, isn't a quality modern politics consider worthy
    I also absolutely detest working reactively. I'd rather spend a couple of days programming to automate a task than always having to start from zero, even for the smallest of tasks. It's more work in the short term but once you have those templates ready, oh baby, is the work gonna go smooth.

Hopefully you'll get something done with those generous funds. It'll be gone before you know it.
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast