View RSS Feed

Travel

1. The fine art of Wild Camping - how to make yourself fully comfortable!

A 180° panoramic pic of "my" mountains

And here we are again, time to see how to really enjoy wild camping.

In the previous chapter we have seen how to properly set up a camp, now we'll see how to make yourself comfortable and how to add various elements that will make your stay something to remember.

Let's start from recalling what are the basics of every camp: fire, sleeping tent, kitchen/storage ...

Updated April 27, 2023 at 06:14 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Entertainment , Travel
  2. The fine art of Wild Camping - Setting up the camp!

That's where we usually camp...

And here we are again!

In Chapter 2 we defined what the basics of wild camping are, so it's now time to learn how to properly set up your camp.

Let's go by steps: we have found the right spot and we have gathered the stuff we need to build up and maintain the camp, how do we actually organize it then? In order to so do, we need to define what are the basic elements ...

Updated February 04, 2020 at 09:04 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Entertainment , Travel
  3. The fine art of Wild Camping - the basics!

Some woods are magic, mystic and ancestral

So, in Chapter 1 we have seen what "wild camping" means and why I like it so much, therefore is now time to see how to organize the camping, starting from listing the main points of it:

1. pick the spot
    2. decide how long and when you'll be there
    3. think on what you need and decide what to bring
    4. plan forward for possible troubles
  4. The fine art of Wild Camping - abiding in the middle of nowhere

Above: the fireplace and the oven (left) that we built some years ago in the place we usually camp at

A due introduction: this is not about survivalism, but about how to make yourself comfortable and fully enjoy wild camping. It's gonna be a sort of guide, where I'll share with you my 25 years old experience in this, in the hope that this will stimulate you to try it and of course enjoy it.

What is wild camping, then? ...