View RSS Feed

Tall an' handsome

1. MODDING NEWS - Flickr is drastically reducing free services

by , November 03, 2018 at 05:35 AM (Tall an' handsome)
    Flickr is following in the foot steps of Photo Bucket. Their approach is less radical\total but may still affect a lot of users:

Unless you pay for Flickr Pro, you can't upload more than 1,000 images to Flickr.

From January 8th to February 5th, you won't be able to upload any more images if you already have more than 1,000.

On February 5th, if you still have more than 1,000 images as a free user, then all of your images over 1,000 will be deleted from

Updated November 03, 2018 at 06:12 AM by Gigantus

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. MODDING NEWS - Feral update forces Mac OS update

by , October 31, 2018 at 10:39 PM (Tall an' handsome)
    An update by Feral to the Linux version of M2TW instructs user to update their OS (to 10.14) by way of being incompatible.

Not everyone wants to update so here is a relatively simple fix:

The file to edit is "/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/Medieval II Total War.app/Contents/Resources/specifications.xml".

Make a back up copy, just in case.

Search for "10.14" in there, ...

Updated November 20, 2018 at 03:16 AM by Gigantus

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. MODDING NEWS - Steam workshop hit by zero MB bug, reuploading only solution

by , October 31, 2018 at 01:49 AM (Tall an' handsome)
    As of a couple of hours ago the Steam workshop has been giving problems - it manifests itself as showing a zero file size for assorted mods and subscribing won't do anything. A related problem is that you may not be able to remove the mod if you are already subscribed - other then manually removing it.

If you have a mod like that contact it's author and make him aware of the solution underneath:

Simply modify your upload to change the byte size and then push it to Steam ...

Updated November 03, 2018 at 06:17 AM by Gigantus

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Shopping with my beloved Wife

After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out.
    Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - loves to browse and leaves me with endless time to fulfil.
    Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter, from the local Wal-Mart:

Dear Mrs. Harris,

Over the past six months your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store.

Updated May 12, 2017 at 11:27 PM by Gigantus

Categories
    Life on TWC
  5. Flight of fancy

by , November 30, 2016 at 08:17 AM (Tall an' handsome)

One day the splendid fruit of my loins decided to bereave me of my inalienable right to spoil my grandchildren and moved his family far away ‘for business purposes’. I give you an idea how far away: there they eat raw fish with sticks. I mean, what’s wrong with fish & chips? Really?

But I digress. To deflect my righteous anger (magnificent off spring or not) I get appeased with an offering of tickets for bi-annual travels to brighten my grandchildren’s life. On one of these
    Categories
    Life on TWC
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast