View RSS Feed

Tall an' handsome

1. EA Is Giving Away Its Accessibility-Related Patents

Original article here.

EA is giving away accessibility-related patents used in some of its biggest games, including Apex Legends' popular Ping system, in the hope that they will be used and expanded upon by other developers to help make video games more inclusive.
    There are currently five patents covered under EA's "Patent Pledge," which involves EA making pledged patents available for public use alongside a legally binding promise to not file a lawsuit against ...
    Categories
    Entertainment
  2. Then the Birds Began to Die

An article by Elizabeth Bruenig, staff writer at the Atlantic

After the end of the world, there will be birdsong. I used to imagine this when everything was going awry. I would lie in bed in my college dorm room and listen to the lone mockingbird who sang all night outside my window in the spring months. I was worried about something or other; he was getting on with things. It’s what birds do. They have a knack for it. In the Book of Genesis, after the devastation of the Earth ...
    Categories
    Around the House
  3. MS to go ahead and purchase Bethesda

The EU regulatory body has given the go ahead to Microsoft to purchase Bethesda, the deal being valued at 7.5billion dollars, making it the biggest deal in the gaming industry.

Bethesda will become #23 of Microsoft's purchase of game developers, joining well known names as Arkane Studios, Machine Games and iD Software.

Related article here.
    Categories
    Technology
  4. A strictly mathematical viewpoint

by , February 24, 2021 at 10:45 AM (Tall an' handsome)

What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.

How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life anyhow?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

Code:
    If: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 
    Is represented as:
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  5. A glorious sign of our times

by , November 10, 2020 at 06:42 AM (Tall an' handsome)

I'd ignored it for as long as I could.

I'm suspicious of opening apps that someone else has shoved onto my phone. Especially if they tell me how I'm living my life and suggest ways I could be living it better.

They were, after all, created by people who may merely be sanctimonious tech types with a tawdry life of their own. And I'm not specifically referring to anyone who works for Apple.

Recently, though, I succumbed. I opened the Apple Health ...
    Categories
    Life on TWC
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast