View RSS Feed

General Brewster

1. Bittersweet

Well, grab a cold one and a cookie. You might be here a while. Or not. Really depends on how far I'm going with this blog.

So, for quite some people it's not a secret that I lost my brother in 2017. Leaving a wife and son behind. I don't really want to delve into that further but I suppose it's quite important context for what's next. 2017 and part of 2018 were really centered about a personal journey that I very much shared with my sister in law. She lost her husband, I lost my brother ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. "I'm fine, just busy"

I think this is a phrase that we all, one way or another hear aplenty. Looking at my own situation, my friends would all say it, my parents will say it and frankly, I caught myself doing it a lot as well. Caught I must underline. I have always been one to judge other people when they said it. I would often think on how their days are going and how they waste the time that they have on needless things. Then I noticed that when I donít want to tell people how or what I feel Iíll just say Iím busy, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The art of Blog

Do you guys ever look at the bleeping pixels your screen produce as that tine black stripe goes on and off and on and off while you've selected the text field but haven't typed yet? I'm rather interested in how you guys blog. I have to admit, I had some work stored to blog but eventually made new material. I blog the easiest when I'm wind down, which admittedly doesn't happen a lot anymore lately.

So how do you do it? Whats your trick to get writing?
    Categories
    Life on TWC
  4. On deaf people.

On deaf people,

So I know this title is somewhat controversial perhaps. I mean what could could come from an opinion peace titled "on deaf people"? I don't blame you. I assure you though that it won't be bad, or at least it wont be for me. So my woman's father and brother are both deaf. Both from birth although her father now uses a Cochlear Implant. So you might imagine that after a year and spending some decent amount of time together with her family I've learned a thing ...

Updated June 17, 2019 at 04:53 PM by General Brewster

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  5. Washing my car

I am one of those people that at the first sight of nice weather, parks the car next to my house, get out my Karcher and hook up the water hose. Generally accompanied by some loud music I start the tedious task of cleaning my car of every spec of dirt it has accumulated in the roughly, 900-1200 kilometers I drive each week. Today was such a day, the first time since February that I washed my car. Before that it was about 8 months because unlike how this might look, I very much hate the task but ...
    Categories
    Around the House
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast