Blog Comments

Never too late to try a new batch, I think.
    Thanks for your comments. From my class there was a tragic loss of young men due to accidents. Unfortunately, several of my close friends were among them. My house was situated relatively close to the city graveyard and was on one of our routes to the lake/damn.

Not all were met this fate, several moved away, of course others just lost interest (got married, joined the military, went to college, etc.).

It was a close knit group composed of friends who met while playing football, and through the years we picked up a few stragglers, brothers of the original group, etc. It was really a rite of passage to run to the dam and back. This was not an easy task, being about 6.5 miles (round trip) along streets, fields and the sudden incline of the damn itself. It was considered poor form not to run the entire route.

Urban development has made this impossible now. The increase in vehicular traffic and the routes along the park and up to the damn itself are now blocked by fencing.
    Updated May 02, 2021 at 05:27 PM by Gaius Baltar
    Very poetic, nice reading.

I wonder, if you are actually 41, why many of your friends are in the grave already? It's a genuine question.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn
    Using CD's as shurikens, that's something new
    Using CD's as shurikens, that's something new
    Quite right VZ, you summed my feelings about TW perfectly. Especially the part about how tactics haven't changed. I was hoping TW would attempt to revolutionize things with space and planets, along with spaceship battles for Warhammer but it turned out to be something similar to older TW games.

I suppose Warhammer was never going to be in the 40k universe because they didn't want to revolutionize things. The last time they tried was with ETW, ship combat and guns. Truthfully, the only thing that makes me play TW games now is having someone to play a coop campaign with. Playing solo isnt a challenge any longer or interesting for that matter.
    Updated November 30, 2019 at 12:10 PM by z3n
    I'm not an Historian, but I'm confident to say that war is a simple thing: either you win on attrition because of greater numbers, by surrounding the enemy or by superior armament, just that.

The typical mechanics of TW games forces you to go for the middle solution, since the former is even more boring (and asks for a lot of replenishment of your armies) and the latter is only possible in some games/mods; in that regards I think TW games are pretty accurate
    Ahh that feeling when you discover a lost gem, man does that feel great.
    Thanks Inkie. In fact is was your linked thread that gave me the idea for this blog.
    I made a [URL="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?751667-How-are-you-enjoying-the-slow-death-of-TWC"]thread[/URL] of a very similar nature to this last year, except if you left in fall 2011, that's just when I properly started to participate. TBH I'd imagine that the vast majority of old vBulletin forums are struggling these days.

You might want to check the discussion out, it brought back a lot of older members with their perspectives on the situation:

[URL]http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?751667-How-are-you-enjoying-the-slow-death-of-TWC[/URL]