Editing Tables
 Era Column
The era column works by having a hidden number from 00 to 99 which represents approx point in time line - that is element that is sorted not the era description, eg.
It's set up like this:
- 5 = Pre-History to 5000 B.C.
- 10 = 4999 B.C. to 1000 B.C.
- 15 = 999 B.C. to 500 B.C.
- 20 = 499 B.C. to 1 B.C.
- 25 = 1 A.D. to 250 A.D.
- 30 = 251 A.D. to 500 A.D.
- 35 = 501 A.D. to 750 A.D.
- 40 = 751 A.D. to 1000 A.D.
- 45 = 1001 A.D. to 1250 A.D.
- 50 = 1250 A.D. to 1500 A.D.
- 55 = 1500 A.D. to 1600 A.D.
- 60 = 1600 A.D. to 1700 A.D.
- 65 = 1700 A.D. to 1800 A.D.
- 70 = 1800 A.D. to 1900 A.D.
- 75 = 1900 A.D. to Present
- 80 = Present to Future
- 85 = Fantasy - Trademark Series
- 90 = Fantasy - Mythological/Traditional
- 95 = Fantasy - Sci-Fi/Apocalyptic
- 100 = Other
Need to work out way of including and defining sub-mods and add-ons, eg mini-mods for RTR or IBFD (could be included in platform information?) and things like Skymod that can be applied as add on to most mods... ideas?
Also the campaign map column could be improved - to differentiate mods running on vanilla map - other commonly used ones MM WarMap etc, or covering totally new area. Icon idea seems to work OK (thanks Palantir) so something similar could be used? --Makanyane 13:00, 27 May 2007 (CDT)
Added area for Minor Mods, if anyone thinks this needs to be differentiated even more, preferably let me know on the thread rather than here, because I don't check the Discussion page very often. --Augustus Lucifer 03:42, 01 Sep 2008 (PST)
For sub-mods, it may be worth adding a new table, if there are enough to warrant it. On a separate note, what sorts of mods should go in the "minor mods" section? It says non-hosted mods, but that is quite a bit. Anyway, wouldn't it be better to name it "non-hosted mods" than "minor mods"? --CaesarVincens 13:09, 12 February 2010 (PST)
- The hosted bit shouldn't really be the decider, e.g. the LotR mod for Alex is definitely a major mod, but is only hosted on its own site, not on TWC or Org. Major conversion versus add-on might be clearer distinction....? Makanyane 14:58, 12 February 2010 (MST)
- That sounds good to me. CaesarVincens 12:34, 13 February 2010 (MST)
I agree - mods are mods regardless of where they are hosted. The wiki should not be biased toward TWC mods.
Notes on suggestions for changes to the Tables page:
1. Remove Augustus Lucifer's contact as he is no longer updating it 2. Do we wish to still link to the Definitive List forum thread or find a better way - we want to encourage people to add their own mods. 3. Many mods need adding. I've added a few obviously missing ones at the bottom of the RTW table. 4. I should think the MMS Unit Sampler could be added to minor mods and that category removed? 5. The Mod Index (linked in the box in the top right of the page) seems yet more duplication of work. 6. PNGs > Gifs so as to removed the white space around the modfolder status icons? 7. Add new column with icons thus: amber, red, green where amber is a beta, red an abandoned beta and green a finished mod 8. Remove Download link column. It gives no info and serves no purpose as the mods dload link can be found via the link in the mod name in the first column (and dload links may change but web sites, forums or mod-dedicated wiki pages are less likely to) 9. Some thought over minor mods may be needed - maybe to distinguish between self-contained ones, ones that are add-ons for any mod or vanilla, enhancements etc. 10. Generally I think it is a bad idea to include submods. Submods can be accessed via the parent mod's forums/site. Exceptions might be mods that are very unique and don't require the original mod to first be installed (although by definition that's not really a submod!).
- Done, updated the warscape games & i'm the wiki director ppl can nag me now anytime on it lol.
- Yeah those threads that you and halie\mak made nice attempt to keep the wiki updated and mutually beneficial for everybody and i will do a overhaul of them shortly in a few days just hand tight, For S2TW is already done and going very well).
- Yeah don't bother with such stuff i will update this in a few days might take a week or so as i have to do some things on TWC itself first regarding this mod table.
- Not sure what you mean by MMS sorry.
- Yep it's all mixed up i will get my guys on it when we wrap up all the mods and are up-to-date then we can sort out these minor repetitions.
- Makanyane already placed png files and both png & gifs support transparency anyways fixed twas no big deal just uploaded a new version of those files.
- No sorry can't do that more micro-management and i don't add articles that are not released or don't have their hosted forums on TWC plus their status is always told on the main article itself on wiki.
- Yep you have a point usually mod team change the links for the thread\source anyways and it adds to more micro-management for us i think it's better to link it to the forum itself rather than download and they are always stickied there anyways.
- Lol can of worms bro, can of worms, submods are like thousands of them but pretty sure with some thoughtful discussion we can come up with something although it will have a separate page for it like you said, we might have to even create sub-categories for that.
- Already answered^
I didn't paid much attention on this page as a lot of mod articles needed to be made first when i become the wiki director now as you can see in the mod field we are currently up-date but still there a lot more to do, please talk to me on my profile we can discuss faster there, wiki talk should be used by guest that don't have a TWC account.:p
Kind Regards Ishan 16:55, 11 May 2011 (MDT)
 Lists of required alterations / additions
If you have difficulty working on table please list things that need changing here:
 Map Description
The map descriptions for RTW mods at least need standardization. Some are referred as world, when they are most probably only focusing on Europe and Middle East. Also is Europe only Europe, or is there Asia Minor, and maybe even some Middle East as well, plus North Africa? Since most maps basically cover the same area (roughly like the RTW map, or a bit extended like Mundus Magnus), a standard term would be good. Paedric 04:33, 15 May 2012 (MDT)