Consilium Belli
- yea, glad to see its finally going somewhere - I had half hearted attempt at doing prettified thing for portal on User:Makanyane/m2_portal_test that's probably unnecessarily confusing though!
- Only thoughts on this - people arriving at really basic level of knowledge might still need some direction to very specific items like: how to add units to M2TW, how to add region to RTW etc. Distinction between coding, art and scripting probably makes more sense when you're a bit more experienced, but might not initially. Could try with the art, coding etc categories in one column/box/section, common RTW questions and links in another and common M2TW questions etc in another...??? -Makanyane 14:57, 18 August 2007 (CDT)
- I think it may be a good idea to have a "Modding Frequently Requested Tasks" for common things as such... they would be listed under the different disciplines anyway but it may make it easier to find if they were all on one list accessible from this page. Professor420 18:27, 18 August 2007 (CDT)
 Suggestions for design of Modding Portal
- RTW/BI Modding and M2TW Modding - can pinch Modding sections from Rome: Total War Portal and Medieval 2: Total War as a starting point possibly.
- Modding other specific games - Wiki doesn't have anything on that at moment so would be links to sites of interest.
- General Game design, as above
- General Modding / Principles - things common to modding most games, 2d and 3d graphics things, especially Professor420's 3d articles in Category:3D Modelling, perhaps links to TWC Uni, SirPaladins Photoshop Blog etc. anything of use to more than TW games including other sites of interest.
- Other things of interest: - only really have Category:Famous Modders and Modding Humour here, any other ideas?-Makanyane 06:54, 24 July 2007 (CDT)
 Older Chat
This page is interesting idea - but I'm not sure how it really fits in at moment - think it either needs a lot more in it and more prominent links to it or XXXX, having something called portal that doesn't really go anywhere is not good, comments? Mak
Something like this should really be on the front page as a central hub of information - its good because it uses both axis more efficiently than the current front page with less need for scrolling or contents sections. I think ill have a look at what's possible at some point. -Spiff
That's great I was never objecting to implementation just that it shouldn't be left in category as abandoned project with no outward links - and hadn't yet had time / inclination to fix. There are now quite a few modding categories that can be linked to, including silly ones like modding humour, less silly one like famous modders, and all the modding /tutorial/ tools sections for both games. Umm well volunteered Spiff! - Mak.
Anyone fancy rejuvenating this? Use similar format to the front page or Rome: Total War Portal, would probably need to include a lot of external links as well at moment, and include sections for game design and non TW modding, general principles etc. -Makanyane 01:38, 17 July 2007 (CDT)