|Rome: Total War|
Roma Surrectum, covering the era from 280BC, is a complete modification for Rome: Total War. It aims to improve both the battle and campaign AI and portray a more realistic view of the ancient world, while remaining an enjoyable and challenging experience.
The following factions are included in Roma Surrectum:
- Rome- A download for a unit manual can be found here
- The Seleucid Empire
- Gallic Tribes
- Germanic Tribes
- The Greek Cities
Out of those, Pergamum, The Bosporous, Epirus and Syracusae are completely unique factions.
The map features a larger number of provinces, especially in areas such as the Italian Peninsula, Greece, Syria and Sicily. It has been thoroughly researched and, for the most part, is quite historically accurate.
 Other Features
One of the most publicised features of Roma Surrectum was the thirty five historically accurate named and numbered Legions for the Roman faction, based on an Area Of Recruitment(AOR) system, whereby certain legions can only be recruited in specific cities. More information can be found here.
The Rebel faction has been given a massive facelift for Roma Surrectum, and are now essentially many smaller kingdoms that work together with other cities in that region to make expanding harder. Each of the two Free Kingdoms and Tribes factions act like whole nation rather than rebels and will expand, and are much more aggresive. More information on the Free People in Roma Surrectum can be found here.
The date is no longer recorded in the standard B.C. format, but rather in the form Ab Urbe Condita, which means "from the founding of the city".
- Barbarian Weapons Dealer (improved weapons and armor)
- Eastern Gardens (increased trade)
- Military Monuments and Shrines for all factions (happiness bonus)
- The Great Temple of Ba'al for Carthage
- The Temple of Jerusalem (happiness bonus and trade increase)
- Legion Monuments (happiness bonus)
- Arches and Columns (happiness bonus)
- Colonnaded Streets (happiness and trade bonuses)
- Suburbs, towns, and cities(reduces population)
- Population Growth Initiative(increases population)
Additional features are mentioned in this thread.
- The leader of Roma Surrectum is dvk901.
- The unit moddeler is Tone.
- The creator of the trait and temple system is Sqυιd.
- Icetorque is the creator of the map RS uses.
- Baxon7 is the mapper who creates the beautiful campaign map textures.
- cherryfunk revises the map.
- swhunter among others help with beta-testing.
A full list of the people that have contributed to the mod can be found here.
- Roma Surrectum 1.6 - for RTW 1.5, BI 1.6 or Alexander