Norway (ETW Faction)

From TWC Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Norway (ETW Faction)
Norway flag.jpg
Name: Norway
From Game: Empire: Total War
Religion: Protestant
Culture: European

[edit] Overview

Norway is an unplayable emergent faction which consists of only one region. In the beginning of the campaign, the region is owned by Denmark, which is historically accurate. The region's capital is Christiania, and about 95 percent of the population are Protestant with the remaining 5 percent being Animist. Norway is often captured from Denmark by Sweden when the two factions go to war, usually early on in the game. The Norwegian population may rebel against the Swedish invaders, or against Denmark if taxes are too high, and a Norwegian rebel army will Spawn. If they capture Christiania then Norway will become an independent minor nation, a Protestant constitutional monarchy.

Christiania is a small town with only one building slot, which at the beginning of the game is a governor's residence. The region has two villages, both undeveloped at the start, a port, two mines and two logging camps.

Christiania, Norway in 1700

  • Starting Buildings – Governor’s Residence
  • Infrastructure – Basic Roads
  • Population – 576,365
  • Wealth – 2025
  • Religion – Protestantism 95.0%, Animism 5.0%
  • Starting Towns/Ports – Mo i Rana Mines (Iron Mine), Kirkenes Mines (Not Developed), Arendal Farmland (Not Developed), Ringsaker Forests (Logging Camp), Orkdal Forests (Not Developed), Bergen (Local Fishery),
  • Later Villages/Ports – Trondheim (Village), Stavanger (Village)

Due to the two mines, two logging camps and the port, Norway can earn a considerable amount of money. Therefore any nation who owns Norway will receive a lot more money than they would from other regions of similar sizes in the area, such as Finland or Karelia.

Norway is one of four minor nations that emerges in a region that is initially controlled by a minor nation, with the others being Afghanistan (Persia), Hessen (Westphalia) and Punjab (Mughal Empire).

[edit] Units

[edit] Links

Empire: Total War | Playable Factions:
Austria | France | Great Britain | Marathas | Ottoman Empire | Poland-Lithuania |
Prussia | Russia | Spain | Sweden | United Provinces | United States*

*Must complete Road to Independence to unlock United States

Empire: Total War | Non-playable Factions:
Barbary States | Bavaria | Cherokee Nations | Courland | Crimean Khanate | Dagestan | Denmark | Genoa | Georgia
Hannover | Huron Confederacy | Inuit Nations | Iroquois Confederacy | Italian States
Knights of St. John | Morocco | Mughal Empire | Mysore
Plains Nations | Portugal | Pueblo Nations | Persia | Pirates | Venice | Wurttemberg
Empire: Total War | Protectorate Factions:
Barbary States | Courland | Crimean Khanate | Louisiana | New Spain | Saxony | Thirteen Colonies |
Empire: Total War | Emergent Factions:
Afghanistan | Gran Colombia | Greece | Hessen | Hungary | Ireland | Mamelukes |
Mexico | Naples & Sicily | Norway | Punjab | Quebec | Scotland | United States
Empire: Total War | Canceled Factions:
Khanate of Khiva | Tuscany | Mecklenburg | Swiss Confederation
Empire: Total War | Tutorial Factions:
Virginia Colonists | Powahatan Confederacy
Personal tools