Norway (ETW Faction)
|Norway (ETW Faction)|
|From Game:||Empire: Total War|
Norway is an unplayable emergent faction which consists of only one region. In the beginning of the campaign, the region is owned by Denmark, which is historically accurate. The region's capital is Christiania, and about 95 percent of the population are Protestant with the remaining 5 percent being Animist. Norway is often captured from Denmark by Sweden when the two factions go to war, usually early on in the game. The Norwegian population may rebel against the Swedish invaders, or against Denmark if taxes are too high, and a Norwegian rebel army will Spawn. If they capture Christiania then Norway will become an independent minor nation, a Protestant constitutional monarchy.
Christiania is a small town with only one building slot, which at the beginning of the game is a governor's residence. The region has two villages, both undeveloped at the start, a port, two mines and two logging camps.
Christiania, Norway in 1700
- Starting Buildings – Governor’s Residence
- Infrastructure – Basic Roads
- Population – 576,365
- Wealth – 2025
- Religion – Protestantism 95.0%, Animism 5.0%
- Starting Towns/Ports – Mo i Rana Mines (Iron Mine), Kirkenes Mines (Not Developed), Arendal Farmland (Not Developed), Ringsaker Forests (Logging Camp), Orkdal Forests (Not Developed), Bergen (Local Fishery),
- Later Villages/Ports – Trondheim (Village), Stavanger (Village)
Due to the two mines, two logging camps and the port, Norway can earn a considerable amount of money. Therefore any nation who owns Norway will receive a lot more money than they would from other regions of similar sizes in the area, such as Finland or Karelia.
- A discussion on how Norway emerges during gameplay, as well as a picture of the Norwegian faction
- A picture showing the flags used by some of the factions in the game, including the Norwegian flag (the one with the lion, to the right)