This is the first stop for modding. Here are links to well-structured sets of tutorials to learn how to mod, links to all known quality tutorials, discussions of individual text files, etc.
 Learning How to Mod
Modding can be broken down into a number of different disciplines. If you are interested in learning a discipline, just click on the link to take you to the appropriate section. There will be a number of tutorials from beginner to advanced, generally in increasing complexity, covering a wide range of topics.
- Art includes 3D models, textures, and animation. It is what makes the graphics of the game. Artists require a knowledge of a variety of tools, especially Photoshop and 3dsmax. Tutorials in this section will teach you how to model, reskin, texture from scratch, and even animate, as well as discuss various issues related to game and Total War art in general.
- Coding is the most expansive of the disciplines, including units, buildings, campaign, resources, traits and ancillaries, etc; basically what makes the game other than the visuals. It is vital to any mod, and any modder will inevitably need to know at least a bit of coding, and talented coders form the heart of any major mod team.
- Mapping involves the art and coding behind creating new campaign maps, from start to finish, and is an integral part of any major mod.
- Scripting is the "designing" of events on the campaign map, but more commonly for historical battles.
- This involves everything that has to do with sounds; from the background music to the Unit Select-voiceovers to the special effects.
- Tutorial List
- You can find out how to do quick common tasks, such as creating unit cards, mounting a unit, changing faction ownerships, etc., a very large number of small independent tasks.
 List of tutorials
The Modding:Tutorial list is a collection of Total War tutorials with minimal redundancy. Before you ask a question, you should look here first.
- List of Art tutorials
- List of Coding tutorials
- List of Scripting tutorials
- List of Mapping tutorials
- List of other miscellaneous tutorials