Here are the different sub-topics of the Coding discipline of modding. For each sub-category, a number of tutorials are listed; generally the easiest to follow will be listed on top for each sub-topic. Beginner Level tutorials are very basic and fundamental; others should not be tried until these are complete. They may also include common simple tasks from this discipline. Intermediate tutorials are more advanced and often more specific; they will teach you all of the necessities of modding, enough to create a mod. Advanced Level tutorials are for more experienced modders, looking to push what is the expected norm.
 Beginner Tutorials
- For M2TW first look up and use read-me in "\tools\unpacker" - to unpack relevant original files.
- Adding New Units for Beginners
- Editing Agent Costs
 Intermediate Tutorials
- Intermediate Coding/Family and Characters
- Intermediate Coding/Sound
- Intermediate Coding/Units
- The Complete EDU Guide (WIP)
- The Complete DMB Guide
- How to make province specific units/buildings (or using hidden resources)
- How to make a Dismounted unit (M2TW)
- Intermediate Coding/Buildings
- Intermediate Coding/Cultures
- Intermediate Coding/Campaign
 Advanced Tutorials
- Advanced Coding/Cultures
- Advanced Coding/Seige
- Advanced Coding/Animations
- Advanced Coding/Recruitment
Various tools are available to help you code in the Total War games.
- Unit editor amongst other things
- Documentation for all M2TW commands
- A great text tool; acting as a substitute for Notepad.