Carthage (RTW Faction)
|Carthage (RTW Faction)|
|From Game:||Rome: Total War|
Carthage is one of the playable factions in Rome: Total War. They can be played after successfully completing a campaign as a Roman faction or by simple modifications to the game files (more information on which can be found here). They have powerful heavy infantry units and war elephants, however they lack strength in missile and light infantry, thus giving Eastern factions a definite advantage over them.
 Game Play
 Starting Position
Carthage owns an area in Northwest Africa around the area of Tunisia, portions of southern Iberia, and some of Sicily.
Their cities are:
- Carthage: Carthaginian Capital; Region - Africa
- Lilybaeum: Carthaginian Large Town; Region - Sicilia Poeni
- Thapsus: Carthaginian Large Town; Region - Byzancium
- Caralis: Carthaginian Town; Region - Sardinia
- Palma: Carthaginian Town; Region - Baliares
- Corduba: Carthaginian Town; Region - Baetica
 Victory Conditions
- Long Campaign: Hold 50 provinces including Rome.
- Short Campaign: Hold 15 provinces and outlast or destroy House of Scipii and Spain.
- Town Militia
- Iberian Infantry
- Libyan Spearmen (U)
- Poeni Infantry (U)
- Sacred Band (U)
- Round Shield Cavalry
- Long Shield Cavalry
- Sacred Band Cavalry (U)
- War Elephants
- Armoured Elephants
- Heavy Onagers
- General's Bodyguard
- General's Armoured Bodyguard
- Spanish Mercenaries
- Numidian Mercenaries
- Balearic Slingers
- Local Mercenaries
- Mercenary Hoplites
- Mercenary Peltasts
- Barbarian Mercenaries
 Unique Units
Poeni Infantry: Can be recruited from Army Barracks.
Sacred Band: Can be recruited from Awesome Temple of Baal.
Sacred Band Cavalry: Can be recruited from Royal Cavalry Stables.
Libyan Spearmen: Can be recruited from City Barracks.
 Strategy guides
|Rome: Total War Factions|
|Greek Cities||The House of Brutii||The House of Julii||The House of Scipii||Macedon||Numidia||Parthia|