View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Thrones of Britannia and the Saga titles in general?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm enjoying Thrones of Britannia and I think it is an interesting step forward

16 30.77%
  • I dislike Thrones of Britannia, but I think the Saga titles could be interesting

9 17.31%
  • I dislike Thrones of Britannia and Saga titles in general

2 3.85%
  • I think that the Saga titles should be standalone DLC rather than full games

25 48.08%

Thread: What are your thoughts on Thrones of Britannia and the Saga titles in general?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default What are your thoughts on Thrones of Britannia and the Saga titles in general?

As per the poll OP!

1. I'm enjoying Thrones of Britannia and I think it is an interesting step forward
    2. I dislike Thrones of Britannia, but I think the Saga titles could be interesting
    3. I dislike Thrones of Britannia and Saga titles in general
    4. I think that the Saga titles should be standalone DLC rather than full games

Let us know your opinion and commet if you like, just keep it polite ok?
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: What are your thoughts on Thrones of Britannia and the Saga titles in general?

to clarify my vote I mean that while I like the general idea of sagas and like the ideas CA did here (MTW2 like tecruitment and such)\
    I do not really like it still has the same silly 1VS1 combat from since S2 and still rquire generals for armies
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Re: What are your thoughts on Thrones of Britannia and the Saga titles in general?

Well after installing the game, I had a problem with black screens in battles, I uninstalled the game then reinstalled and I am happy to report that the game is working fine on my new fangled computational device....
    GTX 1080 TI,
    i7 7700k Kaby Lake,
    Samsung M.2 500GB SSD,
    32GB ram.

it has to be said I am not a sword and spears fan, much preferring gunpowder and muskets as in Empire and Napoleon.
    However given that this is about the British Isles and all that, it peaked my interest somewhat.

I am happy to say that this is C.A. at their best and in my opinion this is a polished game, from the stylised unit cards to how it runs on my computational device.
    Ecstatic to see C.A. getting back to historical titles too (about bally time)
    And all that.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

40 euros for a game that could easily be Attila DLC in the half price?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I don't have a problem with saga games. It can give us a lot of different eras and timeframe and even maybe a testing ground for bigger games (bugs, new animation,....). While i am just like Brig a gunpowder fan (especially Victorian Age), i don't mind those kind of games. Maybe i should buy it when there is a steam sale or something like that or with a whole package deal (with all DLC's) that is cheap.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

# I Tried Thrones of Britannia myself even i did not buy it yet(tried it on my friend pc) because i was afraid of wasting my money for it as i am a foreign student,However. i likes it but not that much it most likely be Attila dlc not separate game as it most likely to me more logically and makes Sense , i myself want to have every 6 -8 months thing to test in weekends or summer-winter Vacation a Long New Adventurous Campaign to play. that for Thrones of Britannia.

#Three Kingdoms : its Scene is not all that and can be represented by a mod (if the Map Modification is Allowed for Modders) to save time and effort for CA ,it just seems pointless and waste of resources why on earth i care about Chinese warfare it seems so so ethnic and i will not get motivated to play it only i f i read some china History ,Watched a Documentary on China , Love The Mummy 3 : Rise of the dragon tomb or I am a Chinese. thus it would be better to be a dlc to a game like shogun 2 to revive it a bit.

# What I want to See Next Game for CA ? : my best choice is a Victorian Era or WW1 , Both is Quiet Easy for CA to Tackle look at Empire its Fantastic ! , but why this Era ? bec its a Whole World Map which is The Best New Step For A Total War Just Make For Us This and Develop it with dlcs for Two years to Become a Masterpiece, Just Imagine The Depth of WW1 Diplomacy or the Fighting on many Theaters and so much enemies while depending on tactics and diplomacy to forge a legacy for a nation, you will not focus on a certain clash of that continent or that ethnic war of clans !, You will Get Evolved of Whole earth on The Map and Try Endless Warfare to Defend everyone's' Homeland or forge it from the ashes of others.

P.S: this is Just what is in my mind and my Friends too,Just Listen to Us CA !, Did not we waste our childhood and teenage for supporting you ! ,cant you support our weekends with our needs ?
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

TOB has a serious core gameplay flaw. The game start date should have been set before the invasion of the great heathen army and then you have a period of time to prepare before all hell breaks loose and huge viking hordes rampage through britannia. As part of this Scandinavia and possibly northern france and germany should have been included on the map to help create a better viking experience where you can raid england and then head home to use your treasures to secure the thrones of norway or denmark.

TOB oddly chose to start their game after all of the interesting stuff happened and that is the reason it is getting mixed reviews on steam, there is no main conflict to deal with. Its basically a boring sandbox mode. After loving what CA did with Attila and the warhammer games I was really surprised they didnt incorporate the really cool gameplay dynamics of invasions and other story-like gameplay ideas that made those games so great.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

My opinion on these things are that I don't have formed any opinions on it... And - to be honest - it seems unlikely that this will change, due to lack of general interest. I mean, soon enough it will just be "old news" anyways and (virtually) abandoned accordingly by CA - this in order to make place for the next product they are trying to plug. I have simply seen this cycle repeated too many times to drum up some genuine interest in this stuff, once again....

- A

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

My main issue with ToB it's that in my opinion 40 € are too much for such a product, all in all it's just an overextended add-on to Attila franchise, sold at an astronomical cost!

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    My main issue with ToB it's that in my opinion 40 € are too much for such a product, all in all it's just an overextended add-on to Attila franchise, sold at an astronomical cost!
    Agreed. It looks interesting and I'd like to play it one day, but not for 40€.

Agreed, unless you are a modder and want to use the models or you have money to throw away its not worth worth getting at its current price