Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installation Instructions & Troubleshooting

Default Installation Instructions & Troubleshooting

Installation info video offered kindly by lionheartx10

Before you install please note!

*Warning1*
    Rome: Total War is a quite old game available as a Steam Version, Non-Steam Version, as Sega or Activision game.
    So this mod cannot be "mod-foldered", meaning that it will affect permanently your game installation and you will not be able to play "Vanilla" Multiplayer anymore. Furthermore, if you want to uninstall the mod, you will also have to re-install the game or repair it with Steam (via "Verify Integrity of Game Cache").

*Warning2*
    It is advised that after you install DarthMod Rome you disable Steam's automatic updates for the game.

Installation Instructions for DarthMod Rome v9.0.1

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1) Uninstall the previous version of the mod, any other mod and re-install the game or repair it via Steam
    (not needed if your game is freshly installed or you have v9.0)
    2) Follow the installer guidance
    (it automatically finds the correct install path and warns you if it finds an error)
    3) Play the game by using the official EXE

Installation Instructions for DarthMod Rome v9.0.1 (Alexander Addon)

Alexander is a separate expansion pack so this addon does not affect your RTW and BI campaigns but enhances only the Alexander expansion with DarthMod Gameplay and AI.
    1) Uninstall any other mod you may use for Rome: Total War Alexander and re-install the game or repair it via Steam (not needed if your game is freshly installed or you have v9.0)
    (it automatically finds the correct install path and warns you if it finds an error)

Useful Info for Steam

How to repair your game installation via Steam
    Warning! This procedure deletes DarthMod Rome content! You will have to re-install DarthMod Rome.

And how to stop automatic updates
    Advised after DarthMod Rome Installation.

How to patch old Rome: Total War copies

Read the official information by CA
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...Install-Issues

Now if you want to play only Rome: Total War (without Barbarian Invasion):
    1) Install Patch 1.3
    2) Install Patch 1.5

To add Barbarian Invasion Expansion support
    3) Install Patch 1.6

Alexander expansion needs all the a.m patches before it is installed.
    The Gold version of the game comes fully patched so no need to worry!

Roman Soldier's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Installation Instructions & Troubleshooting

Hello great lord, first of all I would want to thank you for your most splendid work! - Creating the finest mods in history is not such an easy thing to do! And we are all very saddened by your retirement of modding, just so you know - your work will be amazed throughout the ages! :p

The thing is, the new version doesn't seem to work... it says at the title "DarthMod", but when I click the campaign I see only the Alexander campaign, I also tried the other versions but they don't work either. Is there something I missed?

Thank you for taking the time to read this on your busy schedule.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Are you running steam?
    Do you have other mods installed?
    Delete then reinstall fresh, the installer will point it automatically to the right location thanks to Lord Vader and his team of storm troopers

1) Uninstall the previous version of the mod, any other mod and re-install the game or repair it via Steam
    (not needed if your game is freshly installed)

Alexander is a separate expansion pack so this addon does not affect your RTW and BI campaigns but enhances only the Alexander expansion with DarthMod Gameplay and AI.
    1) Uninstall any other mod you may use for Rome: Total War Alexander and re-install the game or repair it via Steam (not needed if your game is freshly installed)

The installation directions says it all. Easiest mod I have ever installed

When i click on the installer It says that the folder contains invalid data....any help?

Re-download. Corrupted data by bad internet connection.

i did but when i click on it, nothing happens

Added very useful info for those who have old Non-Steam RTW copies.
    Read above:
    How to patch old Rome: Total War copies

when i start a new game the game crash

When I click both the Imperial Campaign or Provincial campaign I get a message that says please select an item from the list and nothing happens. Any help please.
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

megells's Avatar Civis

Hello, I use Steam and have the mod correctly downloaded. However, when I click play Rome Total War a selection between the original game and Barbarian Invasion usually comes up, but with this mod it does not it simply redirects me right to the original game's campaigns. How do I launch Barbarian Invasion with this mod?

Hello, I use Steam and have the mod correctly downloaded. However, when I click play Rome Total War a selection between the original game and Barbarian Invasion usually comes up, but with this mod it does not it simply redirects me right to the original game's campaigns. How do I launch Barbarian Invasion with this mod?
    It is a known issue that Steam has with mods.
    Just Restart Steam and, now, when you click the RTW Gold Shortcut you will be prompted to play BI.

Hello sorry to ask but i downloaded the version 9.0.1 for rome total war and it works but when i try to do a battle as Britannia in the campaign it crashes and then takes me back to the desktop so i was hoping if you could help me. And i dont know if it happens to any other factions so any ideas if so could i have some help please?

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Mod has been great so far. But I have one problem: I cannot see named legions in base game RTW.

I looked around the forums and found that DM allows named legions in the base game just like BI has that feature. But I cannot recruit named First Cohorts at all. I searched in descr_regions.txt file in world/maps/base folder, and I noticed that legion names are missing.

So, does DM really allow named legions? Who spread that false rumour if it doesn't allow so? How can I make named legions?
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Lord vader ,i have a problem with your patch .I had downloaded,but the installer didnt appear,i use windows vista,it said a unkhow progame want isntall? yes or no.I put yes,but the direct file to where installed never appeared,what i can do? I use rome with steam i have the 3 games and only the unic mod ,is this.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2883
    I redownload the game, substitue the original papers of game,no rebel faction,only appear the greeks.
    Can you help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny thunder View Post
    Hello sorry to ask but i downloaded the version 9.0.1 for rome total war and it works but when i try to do a battle as Britannia in the campaign it crashes and then takes me back to the desktop so i was hoping if you could help me. And i dont know if it happens to any other factions so any ideas if so could i have some help please?
    The same happens to me: Iīve been playing Rome total war with your most recent mod version darthmod rome v9.0.1,

Ive began a Briton campaign twice, the campaign begins normally, I try to siege the closest German Village to my territories, the Village of Samarobriva, I comence the siege, and then german reinforcements arrive and attack me, when I try to go to the battle the loading screen appears, freezes for like 5 seconds and the game crashes, I uninstalled the mod, the complete Rome total war game, and re-downladed and re-instaled both.

The same error appeared on both attempts, I would like to know what could be causing it, cant say if itīs the same on every campaign but it has happened twice on different games.

cro's Avatar Foederatus

was gonna download and try,but by the looks of all comments,this mod is far from finished..

hey guys on the main screen it doenst give me the option 2 have a larger map1 is there any reason for this

hey lord vader thanks for the nice mod. however I have a problem. I can't save or continue a campaign if I exit the game.

I have a vanilla RTW v1.5/ BI 1.6. Then i install Darth Generic formation 16.2 by copy and paste to the according directory. But when i start a battle it always crash. Why is it? Can anyone help me to solve?

Amazing MOD!Thanks for all the work you have done with AI,unit balance and new faction units.
    I have noticed that the Brutii Faction doesnt do anything while playing on the huge map that the mod adds.They just take Illyria and then keep their armies near Capua for the rest of the game.Is this common or am i the only one that has the problem?
    Also are there any plans to add some more units to Germany,Scythia,Spain and Dacia?They dont have that many and some more would be welcome.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast