Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: GRANTOZ OIM VER.3.1.4 {beta submod conversion}

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default GRANTOZ OIM VER.3.1.4 {beta submod conversion}

GRANTOZ OIM UPDATED 8/11/2013

I am very happy now with the battle ai and the missile response from the ai in fire fights ...enjoy
    the campaign is still not balanced but i am working on it....roman buildings have been removed

'BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE MODDERS OF THE COMMUNITY WHO KINDLY ALLOWED ME TO USE THERE WORK..RESPECT'

.....THIS MOD IS NOT MOD FOLDERED MAKE COPYS OF YOUR DATA, BI, ALEX SO THAT YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN OR MAKE A WHOLE INSTALL JUST FOR THIS MOD!!

WORLDWIDE DOWNLOAD LINK VERSION 3.1.4: http://ge.tt/8n6MH7y/v/0
    OIM desktop icon: http://ge.tt/4ldSozx/v/0
    OIM BACKGROUND INFORMATION: http://www.internetwars.ru/OiMNew/Im...hemEnglish.htm

INSTAL:
    1: unrar to somewhere safe on your pc
    2: go into the folder and copy contents over to your clean rtw/bi/alex directory
    3: overwrite files {click yes to all}
    4: send alex.exe to desktop open with right click and go to properties
    5: -mod:bi -show_err -noalexander
    6: add the above to the end of the target line making one space like above and click 'apply'
    7: play campagin through the ' main campaign '
    8:START THE SCRIPT EVERY NEW LOAD THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT , CLICK FACTION SUMMARY SHIELD ON THE UI THEN CLICK 'SHOW ME HOW ON THE ADVISOR POP UP... 4TPY WILL SHOW THAT IT IS WORKING

.....HOUSE RULES....
    1LAYER MUST SPY ON ENEMY ARMYS AND CITYS {NO PEEKING WITH RIGHT CLICK} AND USE CAVALRY SCOUTS TO ENGAGE THE ENEMY TO FIND OUT THERE NUMBERS!!!
    2LAYER MUST NEVER AUTO RESOLVE A BATTLE {ESPECIALY SIEGE BATTLES} THE MOD IS DESIGNED THAT THE PLAYER MUST FIGHT EVERY BATTLE FOR IT TO BE A CHALLENGE!!
    3LAYER MUST NOT EVER ...REPEAT ... EVER, EVER, EVER PLAY ON EASY/EASY..!!!

PLEASE READ!!! {it will save a lot and lot of hassle}

START THE SCRIPT BY CLICKING THE FACTION SUMMARY WINDOW THEN THE ADVISOR BUTTON

HINTS AND TIPS.......

1:SAVE GAME EVERY TURN!!! ......START SCRIPT EVERY NEW SESSION!!!
    2:this is not rome anymore its probably more like empire , DONT RUSH INTO BATTLE losing great numbers can be very bad especialy near the start,skirmish and use cannons
    3:wear them down with your muskets ,cannons and arrows{because they will now try and do that to you}
    4:in night battles make sure you toggle your cannons back to cannonballs{its a night flaming arrow hardcode thing}
    5:muskets can be pretty crap at long range but devestating at close range
    6:the campaigns vary in difficulty , if you want a long campaign choose a large faction if you want an insane campaign choose a small faction{like cossacks}
    7:difficulty settings recommended for a large faction vh campaign h battles , for a small faction m/m campaign m/m battle
    8:stretch your trained musket fighters in to a thin line they will cause more damage than if they are clumped together
    9:cossacks can horde on the bi exe
    10:gun powder is affected by rain and snow{muskets ,handguns and the like will be less damaging due to missfire}
    11:citys are hard to take , expect losses
    12:all factions are set to religiously expand{destroy there holy places and build your own}
    13:the player should only use spys to check out enemy armys{unless you realy have to look}its like an advanced fog of war
    14:the player can toggle bloom effects on/off by pressing SHIFT AND F12
    15:when negotiating with the ai ask for money for map info or alliances or trade but be wise
    16:trust no one ...rtw engines dont do diplomacy very well ....if you catch my drift
    17:cannons can be made useless in forests , fight guerilla tactics against cannon strong armys
    18:use the forest to ambush and surprise the enemy{some factions will not fare well in open field combat}
    19:spend money wisely in buildings that will create money and population growth , build mines and invade citys and towns that have mines built
    20:raid ai towns and destroy the buildings for extra cash
    and finaly.....
    i have built and worked on this mod using the alex.exe i recommend it for the ultimate experience especialy for a big faction campaign
    i continue to take this mod forward to a complete conversion, also i do not believe that vh campaign is bugged {most believe it} feel free to play on vh campaign if you are a large faction {the ai will recruit better units}
    cheers , grant
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

6.jpg   7.jpg   8.jpg   Batch Edit_RomeTW-ALX 2013-11-07 01-50-56-61.jpg   Batch Edit_RomeTW-ALX 2013-11-07 01-51-07-62.jpg  

Last edited by GRANTO; November 09, 2013 at 08:30 AM.

Default Re: GRANTOZ OIM VER.2

Hi Granto,

Fantastic effort! Thanks. A couple of questions: When I was downloading the RS2 Env as it was decompressing to its folder I notice it had the word "chivalry" throughout some of the lines of script. Is this okay?

Also, regarding the 4tpy, is it part of the download now?

all fixed {hopefully}

Thanks. However, the Magaload server seems a bit tied up for most of the day. If you could upload it to another server, that would be great. Again, however, if you can't I'll eventually download it. No worries.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Oh man great work, now i need to go and buy BI because I lost my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Oh man great work, now i need to go and buy BI because I lost my copy.
    im still ironing out a few wrinkles but its getting there , soon to be playable on the alex.exe also
    Last edited by GRANTO; November 06, 2011 at 09:58 PM.

all wrinkles ironed out , the mod is full campaign playable as of now
    Last edited by GRANTO; November 08, 2011 at 02:05 PM.

Hi Granto, is there a change for today, or is it the same as the one you posted yesterday, or was it over the weekend? I've been working too hard.

I did a clean install. What can I say? This is perfection. I can't wait for the Alex version.

ALEX.EXE PATCH LINKS UP FOR GRANTOZ OIM

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

all wrinkles ironed out , the mod is full campaign playable as of now
    great news
    btw.are you using spanish version? I would also prefer spanish version (because of practicar my Spanish) could I play your mod with it?

Neat, I'll be sure to give this one a go. And many thanks for all the effort you put into revamping all those RTW mods, you're a one-man modding machine.

Right now, the MegaUpload link isn't working for me, luckily, moddb had a Filesonic link for OiM 1.2 as well.

i am currently testing a 12 turns per year script its gonna be low movement points 4 winters 8 green months , turns it into a real game of chess
    Last edited by GRANTO; November 11, 2011 at 02:48 AM.

I'm fine with 4 turns, I like to at least pretend I have the remote chance of actually finishign a campaign.

On my 2nd attempt now, this time with the Hohenzollerns, after Transylvania got stomped on by the Ottomans pretty brutally despite my best efforts at resistance.... ALX really makes it harder for smaller factions now that the big ones are able to properly concentrate their forces.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I'm fine with 4 turns, I like to at least pretend I have the remote chance of actually finishign a campaign.
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by jackx View Post

On my 2nd attempt now, this time with the Hohenzollerns, after Transylvania got stomped on by the Ottomans pretty brutally despite my best efforts at resistance.... ALX really makes it harder for smaller factions now that the big ones are able to properly concentrate their forces.
    THATS GOOD i like it when the player has to work hard and actualy loses a campaign , on the turnside the 12tpy campaign is giving the smaller factions a chance to build cause of the low movement points , its all good , its better to have a challenge than a walk in the park , if its any consilation i got pumped in the same campaign and i was giving it everything ,im gonna try a different strategy ,spending all my money on troops and letting the ottomans have it before they creep up on me
    Last edited by GRANTO; November 11, 2011 at 01:53 PM.

12tpy might keep you safe for a couple more turns, but slow speeds would also make it that much harder to rush the one decent field army you can afford from crisis to crisis once you get into trouble..

However, I really like the fact that you can lose a campaign with some of the smaller/more vulnerable factions while essentially doing "everything right". I fought some really tense and bloody siege defenses before the Ottomans overran Transylvania, so while I was ultimately defeated, I got a couple hours of good gameplay out of it.

The Hohenzollern are doing well so far, I'm dealing with some rebels while building up and getting ready to take on Denmark, simultaneously I'm turtling up in East Prussia in anticipation of the inevitable Polish and Lithuanian attacks.

Looking forward to open field line battles ;D

Installing now. This mod may very well bring me back to the BI engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    Installing now. This mod may very well bring me back to the BI engine.
    It works very well on the BI engine. If you can, try it on the AlexTW engine, the AI is much stronger.

Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast