Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Previews

Default Re: RS2.2 Previews

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    We are doing some work on settlements, which will be pretty exciting and something that's not been done before. It's something that I wanted to include in the original mod but we didn't understand at that point how to change settlements or get new buildings to work.
    Great news tone

Domesticus

Correct me if im wrong, but in the ancient world construction outside the limit of the city walls was avoided. The only thing i can think of right now is the necropolis that stood on the roads that lead to the city gates, atleast that was the case with Rome.

Since you have discovered how to put new buildings outside walls could you use some walls to make siege walls for the romans to surround a enemy city, how awesome would that be!! Just a idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Correct me if im wrong, but in the ancient world construction outside the limit of the city walls was avoided. The only thing i can think of right now is the necropolis that stood on the roads that lead to the city gates, atleast that was the case with Rome.
    I would have thought they quite often built outside the city walls during ancient times if the city grew too big (thats just a guess though).

Quote Originally Posted by ddo View Post
    Since you have discovered how to put new buildings outside walls could you use some walls to make siege walls for the romans to surround a enemy city, how awesome would that be!! Just a idea!
    Well you wouldnt be able to have multiple rings of walls and even if you could they would have to be permanently there for any faction that besieged it not just the Romans i would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    I think that most of the towns in their beginnings had small fortified parts where ruling elite class lived, and outside the walls were the ordinary people. I guess that if a city has grown much and gained rich citizens, than they would have build outside walls

Any idea when this update will be out?

That's about the most dreaded question you can ask here. I remember reading in 1 or 2 months, as they're currently beta-testing (however, there aren't many beta-testers, so it could be somewhat delayed by that).
    Vale,

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

great work of so many modders brings the rtw to a whole new level. this will further improve the game.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Basiliscus View Post
    In 1-2 months probably.
    Great! I'll have a "free" month then! actualy a "not that busy" month is better said!

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Could the garrison script be limited the following way?:
    - as it works now, it takes 2/3 turns for a spawned army to appear near the key cities of any faction if its still alive. So it means once yuou conquer a key city you'll need to have a strong army positionned near it until the faction is destroyed.

Why not tinker the traits so that as long as the current enemy faction leader is alive, a spawned army cannot respawn?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I don't think they are supposed to 'keep' spawning. If they are, then there's a problem there.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

KingCrr's Avatar Miles

The RS team must not be American!

johnnieangel's Avatar Tiro

I think I just had an event in my knickers......clean up aisle 5!
    These are amazing. careful though... CA just might say: "F it! lads, we cant out do this! Scratch the RTW 2 idea!

well it is a UK company....
    Last edited by apple; June 30, 2011 at 03:47 PM.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill
    English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by johnnieangel View Post
    These are amazing. careful though... CA just might say: "F it! lads, we cant out do this! Scratch the RTW 2 idea!
    or maybe they'll say hey there are enough dedicated fans that kept waiting so let us give them justice!

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

I really hope that RomeII: Total War will be made in the future.
    ...with moddable units, buildings, factions and maps, that is.

Here's a little taster of one of the other changes I'm working on at the moment

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Oppidum ,and celtic walls ? impressive..

The layout of this particular settlement is based on Maiden castle, one of the UK's largest hillforts, which was besieged and taken by Vespasian.

Last edited by tone; July 02, 2011 at 01:41 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Laetus

This looks great!

Just when i thought it couldn't get any better! =)

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Wait wait, can walls look like that now? Not the design I mean, but the texture. Or is that totally new? Reason I ask is because I haven't got around to taking any settlements in Gaul yet

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II