View Poll Results: Do you like this modification?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 87.88%
  • No

4 12.12%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Propaganda's Generals Modification. Updated 20 September

Default Propaganda's Generals Modification. Updated 20 September

Propaganda's Generals mod.

There are three different versions now, so try all of them.

Drill school.

Version 1.
    Adds One more General and Admiral.

Version 2.

Adds Two more Generals and Admirals.

Version 3.

Adds Four more Generals and Admirals.

Military Academy.

Version 1.

Adds Two more Generals and Admirals.

Version 2.
    Adds Four more Generals and Admirals.

Version 3.
    Adds Eight more Generals and Admirals.

Military College.

Version 1.
    Adds Three more Generals and Admirals.

Version 2.
    Adds Six more Generals and Admirals.

Version 3.

Adds Twelve more Generals and Admirals.

I hope that everything works fine, because I dont know generals amount in this game for factions.

IF YOU USE MY WORK THEN DO NOT FORGET TO GIVE ME REPURTATION POINT. ITS GREEN + BUTTON UNDER MY AVATAR!

Information, using and rights.

Wanna use this mod in your mod, let me know through PM.

Install and Download links...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Download link v1
    Download link v2
    Download link v3

Modmanager for Napoleon Total War is here.

Install :
    Place mod file into :

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data for 32bit users.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data for 64bit users.

Place userscript.txt file into

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

If you do not see scripts folder there, then start once campaign and then it will be there.
    But if you still do not see your script folder, then change from FOLDER OPTIONS
    "Show hidden files, folders and drives.

If you use Erasmus777 Modmanager then you dont need to copy user.script.txt file into your scripts folder.

Look also my other mods Napoleon's Battles mod.
    Last edited by Propaganda; December 15, 2010 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Word mistake
    2k18
    Bigger & Badder.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Default Re: Propaganda's Generals Modification.

Rep! I'll definitely use this! I suck so bad at playing the game, I need all the generals and admirals I can get. Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny de Bodemloze View Post
    Rep! I'll definitely use this! I suck so bad at playing the game, I need all the generals and admirals I can get. Thanks mate!
    Nanny de Bodemloze himself! Thank you very much for using this mod, it is very importand to me.
    If you want any changes then let me know . Also +rep to you for downloading my mod.
    2k18
    Bigger & Badder.

I love this mod! I'm the kind of guy that always likes to have a general in support of my troop movements, even if it doesn't do much. +Rep for sure.

I as well, the game needed a mod like this!! Having a limit on the amount of generals of the Napoleonic Wars, is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

I wish we could have more yet.... can you do this ???

Push on, brave York volunteers

You want more Generals?
    2k18
    Bigger & Badder.

Could the same principle be used to make Elite units available sooner? Such as the Coldstream Guards.

This is excellent work Propaganda, the best "single" feature mod out there, in my opinion. Using other factions such as Prussia or Britain, it is all well and good to have a few less Generals available, but with Imperial France, this is not good at all. They face more than one coalition at a time, and therefore are sadly "outnumbered. Austria gets 6 Generals, as does Russia, as does Britain and so on and so on. And when you add the Generals from minor Factions as well, France is at a very bad disadvantage. This also reflects a certain Historical fact, that Napoleon was worth "40,000 men" a quote from a certain well know British General and Prime Minister, Yet his leaving some theaters to other Generals was sometimes not such a good thing. They all had talent or they would not have gotten where they were, but left alone, with sole authority wasn't the same as having the Emperor present himself to hold their hand. So Yes, I want more French Generals, way more, and as far as I know, you have become the single most experience authority on the Generals availability in NTW.

Hello I'm Propaganda and this is my first modification for Napoleon Total War.

What this mod changes and does?

Its changes Generals and Admirals availability to earlier...

- Drill School + 1 General. + 1 Admiral.
    - Military Academy + 2 Generals + 2 Admirals.
    - Staff College + 3 Generals + 3 Admirals.

Previous information: With two latest military buildings you had possibility to recruit more Generals and Admirals into your army.
    But now with this mod you can start recruiting Generals and Admirals at Drill School.
    If you are bored to command captain after captain, then this mod is for you!

This is first version of my mod so any feedback is welcome...
    I will release more and different versions of this mod...
    So I really really hope and pray that you will release more versions of this mod, and have at least double the numbers of French Generals at least, historically speaking French Admirals were more hard to find on the account of their being shot more often than not!! The ability to create Generals and Admirals as they did in Empire Total War was good, but to many complaints from users about the way they "magically Transported" right to somewhere else in the world as being unrealistic, obviously caused CA to remove that feature. Boy did they pick the wrong title to do that too!!

there is an old quote my Grandfather always used to say
    be careful for what you ask for, you just may get it

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    Could the same principle be used to make Elite units available sooner? Such as the Coldstream Guards.
    Yes I can do that if you wish. But I need time little bit. I'm away from total war at moment but I will come back in this week. Then I can start with it, this is my wish too, so I will do that mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Major General Isaac Brock View Post
    This is excellent work Propaganda, the best "single" feature mod out there, in my opinion. Using other factions such as Prussia or Britain, it is all well and good to have a few less Generals available, but with Imperial France, this is not good at all. They face more than one coalition at a time, and therefore are sadly "outnumbered. Austria gets 6 Generals, as does Russia, as does Britain and so on and so on. And when you add the Generals from minor Factions as well, France is at a very bad disadvantage. This also reflects a certain Historical fact, that Napoleon was worth "40,000 men" a quote from a certain well know British General and Prime Minister, Yet his leaving some theaters to other Generals was sometimes not such a good thing. They all had talent or they would not have gotten where they were, but left alone, with sole authority wasn't the same as having the Emperor present himself to hold their hand. So Yes, I want more French Generals, way more, and as far as I know, you have become the single most experience authority on the Generals availability in NTW.

So I really really hope and pray that you will release more versions of this mod, and have at least double the numbers of French Generals at least, historically speaking French Admirals were more hard to find on the account of their being shot more often than not!! The ability to create Generals and Admirals as they did in Empire Total War was good, but to many complaints from users about the way they "magically Transported" right to somewhere else in the world as being unrealistic, obviously caused CA to remove that feature. Boy did they pick the wrong title to do that too!!

there is an old quote my Grandfather always used to say
    Okay, I will release new version of this mod in this week. Like I said above, I'm away but I return to Total war in this week. Friday I think and I promise atleast Saturday new version is up. Thank you for using this mod aswell. Just tell me how many generals more?
    Last edited by Propaganda; September 17, 2010 at 05:38 AM.
    2k18
    Bigger & Badder.

Hey that's great. Thank You very much!!

Versions ?? well you have +1, +2, and +3 now right? So why not +2, +4, and +6, and maybe a +4, +8, and +12, and let people pick

Thanks once again, this will be so excellent, I can't wait

I will do it tomorrow evening. Okay I will do 2 versions more. Both +2, +4, and +6 and +4, +8, and +12.
    2k18
    Bigger & Badder.

Default Re: Propaganda's Generals Modification. Updated 20 September

Awesome Propaganda, simply the "cat's meow"!! Trying them out toot sweet.... I only hope I can find Soult and MacDonald now

I hope I can find them too I have seen Soult once. But I dont remember exactly, there was Soult but I think there was some mistakes in his name.
    What famous Generals you have discovered so far?
    2k18
    Bigger & Badder.

Hi,

battle off waterloo Generals allied side

Nassau :von Kruse and Prins von Saksen-Weimar (inf)
    KGL DuPlatt,von Ompteda(inf) Vivian,von Dornberg von Arenschild (Cav)
    Brunswick: Brunswick(inf and Cav)
    Hannover:Wincke,Kielmansegge(inf) von Estorff (Cav)
    Dutch/Belgium : Detmers,d'Aubremé,Bylandt(inf)Van Merlen,VanZouteland,Ghigny (Cav)
    British :Lambert,Mitchell,Byng,Maitland,Best,W Hallkett,C Hallkett,Adam,Kempt,Pack(inf)
    Ponsonby,Somerset,Vandeleur,Grant(Cav) maj.G Baring (Commander off Coldstreamguards inf)
    Prussia:Zieten(inf+cav)Pirch(Cav)von Bulow(inf+cav)
    Arthur Wellesley(Duke of Wellington)Prins van Oranje,Blucher(supreme commanders allied side)
    Korps commanders :Chassé,Picton,lord Hill,lord Uxbridge.

French side,

Cav Piré(1div 15esk 1800men lancers,dragoons,chasseurs au chéval)
    Jaquinot(1 div 12esk 1800 men lancers, hussars,chasseurs au cheval)
    Kellerman(2 div 25esk 3400men Cuirassiers)
    Milhaud(2 div 24esk 2700men Cuirassiers) lead by marechal Ney
    Domon (9esk 800men chasseurs au chéval)
    Subervie(12esk 1200men hussars,lancers)
    Lefebvre-Desnouettes( light cav off the guard 1div 10esk1800 men lancers,chasseurs au chéval)
    Guyot(heavy cav off the guard 1 div 8esk 2000men Carabiniers,Gren au chéval Empress Dragoons and gendarmes
    Inf Drouet-D'Erlon(1 corps 4 div 17000 men)div com: Quiot,Donzelot,Marcognet,Durutte
    Reille(2 corps 3div 15000 men) div com :Jerome Bonaparte(brother off) Foy,Bachelu
    Lobau(6 corps 2div 6000 men)
    Guards(3 div 12680 men)Div com young guard Duhesme old guard Friant,Morand
    Commander :Napoleon Bonaparte.

this is somewhat incomplete because its based on a newspaper article off friday 16 june 1995.
    Last edited by jupilerke; September 23, 2010 at 06:40 AM.

google this site napoleonguide.com there is tons of info about generals,Napoleon marechals,

Thank you for visiting my mod post.
    2k18
    Bigger & Badder.

Kyrill's Avatar Libertus

Really nice + 1 rep for you, i can win a battle without a general of admiral, but more is always better! Playing as Spain now and got 2 full starred generals and they win auto-battles so easy.

Yes, this is really working well. So far I have got St Cyr, and one other whos name escapes me now that I want to put it to words...figures

Thank you for using my modification!
    2k18
    Bigger & Badder.

Kyrill's Avatar Libertus

Well, i can't seem to get it work, can you give me a detailed explanation of what i must do and how i can recruit the generals/admirals at the drillschool?

Sincerely,

Kyrill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast